Partying can be fun but it can also make losing excess pounds or keeping your ideal weight intact a really challenging task, thanks to the alcohol involved. Experts say that the consumption of alcoholic beverages can slow down your fat metabolism by a little over 70 percent. Mixes that make it to your every shot glass are also commonly packed with calories.
It is generally a good idea to limit your partying to about a couple per week only. Each time, it’s also a smart move for you to have no more than 2 drinks, sticking to the likes of rum, gin, whiskey and tequila as they tend to contain fewer calories than dark-colored ones. Below are some wonderful cocktail suggestions that contain no more than 150 calories per serving.
1. 95 calories – 1 oz of Ty Ku soju, 1 oz of Ty Ku liqueur, a splash of cranberry juice (unsweetened).
2. 98 calories – A shot of vodka with diet lime-flavored soda.
3. 100 calories – A shot of tequila with club soda and a dash of lime juice.
4. 105 calories – 2-oz serving of Ty Ku sake, a squeeze of lemon, lime or orange, a splash of citrus seltzer, and a mint leaf.
5. 120 calories – 1.5-oz serving of silver tequila, 3/4 oz of grapefruit juice, 2 slices of jalapeño and a splash of lime juice.
6. 120 calories – 2 ounces of Ty Ku sake, an ounce of orange juice, orange zest and a splash of champagne.
7. 130 calories – A shot of vodka, 1/4 shot of orange-flavored liqueur, half-a-lemon juice and mint leaves.
8. 130 calories – 3/4-oz serving of grass-flavored vodka, 2-oz serving of rose wine, soda water, a splash of grapefruit juice.
9. 140 calories – A shot of rum and 2 teaspoons of sugar syrup.
10. 140 calories – Champagne.
With so many alcoholic drinks that contain less than 150 calories only, your night out need not be a bore just for the sake of attaining or maintaining your ideal figure. Just like with anything else in life, moderation is key.