Extra virgin olive oil may be a staple in your kitchen but did you know that this cooking ingredient actually has other benefits? As a matter of fact, the Mediterranean Diet encourages the liberal use of EVOO in all its recipes. So what else can you get out of extra virgin olive oil?
1. A secret weapon in aid of weight loss. Weight watchers as well as those who want to shed a few pounds might want to consider adding more extra virgin olive oil to their diet. Just so you know, the Greeks tend to consume 20 liters of EVOO annually and the end result is that they don’t have much fat to worry about. If they can stay slim even while taking a lot of olive oil then it is possible for you to achieve the same slimness with the aid of this ingredient.
2. Relief for pain. Olive oil contains oleocanthal which is known to contain anti-inflammatory properties making this product a natural way to remedy pain. Research showed that inflammation usually appears in numerous chronic illnesses which means that the use of extra virgin olive oil is worth considering.
3. Lessen hair frizz. Frizzy hair is usually a problem for many but instead of applying gel on your hair to tame your wild hair, why not use extra virgin olive oil? All that you have to do is to add a few drops of the oil onto the palms of your hands, rub them together and run them on your hair lightly.
4. DIY skin moisturizer. Your skin needs moisturizing to retain its smoothness and silkiness but if you don’t have available moisturizer or you love to create things on your own, try combining rosemary, mint, or even lavender in olive oil then apply on your skin as natural moisturizer. What’s great about this DIY moisturizer is that it helps combat signs of aging and gives you protection against the sun.
5. Prevents mental decline. Extra virgin olive oil contains high amounts of monounsaturated fat which, according to numerous research, slows or prevents the onset of mental decline which is linked to mental illnesses such as Alzheimer’s.
6. Diaper rash treatment. Did you know that before diaper rash treatments came into being, mothers during the earlier years made use of extra virgin olive oil? It’s natural and it’s safe so there is nothing to worry about.
7. Helps your body function smoothly. Another benefit of adding extra virgin olive oil to your daily diet is that it helps your body and your organs to run smoothly. Just like your car needs regular oil change, your body needs the same treatment so that it will run in the best condition.
8. It’s good for your sex life. Since EVOO is known for boosting blood circulation, you can rely on this oil to help circulate blood even in the most hard to reach areas of your body. Casanova might have consumed a lot of extra virgin olive oil during his time. If you want to improve your sex life, you might want to increase your intake of extra virgin olive oil.
9. Deter diabetes. Including extra virgin olive oil in your daily diet may either delay or prevent diabetes from occurring. What the olive oil does is to regulate or balance the levels of insulin in your body so you don’t have to worry about your blood sugar levels from spiking.
10. Boosts immune system. Your immune system is important as it combats the onset of various diseases from common colds to the more severe health issues. And since extra virgin olive oil contains high amounts of antioxidants, your immune system will get the boost it needs to provide you with protection from all kinds of illnesses. The number of antioxidants found in extra virgin olive oil can’t be found in other types of oil so you might want to include it in your diet starting today.
With all the amazing benefits that you can gain from extra virgin olive oil, it’s not surprising that your average life span will increase as well. Adding olive oil to your pantry and use it for cooking different dishes will definitely be to your advantage.