No one can possibly survive without water. Needless to say, water is essential in a person’s existence. The body is made up of 60% water. Its functions highly depend on the water levels in the system. Create an imbalance in the water and electrolytes level in your body and you’ll be in a whole lot of trouble for sure.
Water provides you with a slew of health and aesthetic benefits. If you’re still not in the know, here’s how water can make you beautiful and feel good.
1. Fresh, clean water can quench your thirst like no other liquid beverage can.
2. Water nourishes and strengthens your body. You body cells get energized with water making them supple and more mobile.
3. Water balances the number of electrolytes you have running through your body. It gives your cells the energy in order to function well.
4. Drinking enough amount of water helps curb your appetite and aids in achieving your weight loss goals.
5. Water helps promote better moods and helps with your brain functions—it keeps it alert and more agile.
6. Water hydrates your muscles and helps it recuperate faster even after a hard workout.
7. Water makes your skin glowing and radiant.
8. Water speeds up your metabolism rates making you lose more fats in the process.
9. Water helps remove toxins off your system
10. Water helps you stay healthy and sexy.
Three Important Rules When Drinking Water
1. When drinking, consume twice as much it takes to totally quench your thirst.
2. Drink water frequently throughout the day to keep yourself from getting dehydrated especially if you sweat a lot.
3. Drink a minimum of 8-10 glasses of water each day. This will ensure that your body functions optimally.
Some facts about Brains and Water
The human brain is composed of 95% water and can consume up to 40% of the total amount of water that you intake on an everyday basis. Blood is composed of 80% water while the lungs are comprised of 90% water. Even a slight drop in the body’s water levels can trigger symptoms of dehydration, short-term memory, and a decline in the ability to concentrate.