Aside from being a delightful, delicious breakfast and an excellent weight loss food, oats have amazing uses and helpful benefits you might never have heard of before.
- Oatmeal removes dark skins by removing dead skin cells. Prepare a homemade scrub with oatmeal, olive oil, honey, and brown sugar. Brushing twice a month is recommended.
- Oats contain many nutrients like magnesium, zinc, Vitamins A and C, iron, etc. These hosts of nutrients improve hair loss.
- If you are dealing with diabetes or heart disease, there is no other perfect way to start your day than by eating oatmeal. Oatmeal lowers cholesterol levels, reducing risks of stroke and cardiovascular diseases. The high fiber content in oatmeal is responsible for the lowering of the cardiovascular risk.
- Don’t throw away leftover cooked oats that no one wants to eat anymore. Applying cooked oats to the face removes bacteria and oil from the skin, making it a very convenient remedy against acnes.
- When applied to the face, oatmeal forms a protective film. Symptoms like flaky skin or peeling are treated by this protective film. At the same time, it keeps the skin supple and soft.
- Do you want a healthier alternative for the breadcrumbs you use to bind meatballs, meatloaves and burgers? Use oatmeal, which has the same binding property.
- Oatmeal can also be formed into a homemade face mask. Mix 1/3 cup of oatmeal with ½ cup of hot water. Leave it for 3 minutes before putting in one egg white. Add 2 tablespoons of honey and you have a homemade oatmeal face mask.
- Perhaps the most unlikely of them all, oatmeal has been used for thousands of years as a treatment for chicken pox or poison ivy. Oatmeal has anti-oxidant, anti-itch, and anti-inflammatory properties. Grind oats to a powder and pouring it in cheesecloth before rubbing on the itchy skin.
- Since oatmeal can remove dirt from the body, it should work the same for the hair. Yes, you will use the oatmeal as a dry shampoo. Not only does it cleanse but also relieves itchy scalps. Brush a dusting of finely ground outs through the strands.
- An increasing number of cosmetologists are using oatmeal in various products such as soaps and body lotions. Oats are known to improve the skin tone and smooth out blotchy areas.
- Your lovely, cuddly pets also benefit from the greatness of oats. Oatmeal calms the skin condition of your pets, especially if the cuties are particularly itchy. Mix some oatmeal with water and apply on your pet’s itchy skin. This is guaranteed to bring quick relief.
- If you’ve ran out of orange or lemon peels to leave in your fridge to absorb the unlikable mixed odors, a bowl of uncooked oatmeal can be an alternative.
- Frustrated with sunburn? Have an oatmeal bath to soothe your skin.
- Moisturize and scrub away dried and dead skin by making a homemade exfoliating body scrub made of oats and baking soda.
- On the instance that you know someone suffering from neurodermatitis, a skin condition causing severe itchiness, suggest that they have an oatmeal bath to cure their skin condition.
On top of all these, it helps you save money with all the alternatives.