The number one used new year’s resolution all over the world. “This year I will lose weight.” What have you done to achieve this goal? 24 hours a day, 7 days a week someone is trying to lose weight. Some would opt for the unhealthy way to lose weight. Doing these unhealthy habits will only cause physical, mental and emotional problems.
Below are some of the unhealthy ways to weight loss that you should never ever do.
• Laxatives – laxatives are okay when used for severe constipation, but overusing them can cause liver, intestinal and digestive system disorders.
• Smoking – Smoking can suppress hunger, but the health consequences are not worth the weight loss.
• Fad Diets – Fad diets are a short term weight loss system that can cause a yo yo effect in your weight.
• Skipping Meals – This will only slow down your metabolism and cause you weight gain in the future.
• Drugs – Weeds can actually help you gain weight and other dangerous drugs can help you lose weight, but seriously drugs? No, drugs are never a good option EVER.
• Over-exercising – Pushing your body beyond its limits will damage your muscles and bones. Stick to a good, consistent regiment.
• Tapeworm Diet – Tapeworms can help you lose weight, because tapeworms are parasites that feed of the body’s nutrients. People believed that the tape worm would eat all the calories they consume and help keep them slim, but the only thing a tapeworm is doing is putting a nail in your coffin.
• Sleep Diet – Ever heard of these? This is a diet that druggies tend to do, they get so high on drugs that they tend to sleep all day and skip meals. A drug and sleep fueled body won’t function properly.
• Baby Food Diet – This has been a fad since Marilyn Monroe time, its consuming baby food instead of regular solid food. Remember this, babies’ bodies aren’t made to function like adult ones.
• Soup Diet – Eating or slurping soup instead of solid and nutritious food is extremely unhealthy.
• Low Calorie Diet – Consuming a hundred calories a day can certainly help you lose weight, but it can also deplete your energy, lower metabolism and help you develop anorexia.
• Purging – Nope, never a good idea. Not only is it a start of an eating disorder, it also causes multiple health problems. Many ED patients have suffered and died of purging.
• Saunas and Sweat suits – They are actually good for the body, sweating can remove toxins from the body, but exceeding the limit of 30 minutes can cause dehydration.
• Fasting – Fasting is used to detoxify the body and aid in other health issues, fasting needs to be done at least a few times a year. Fasting too much can cause hormonal imbalance, insomnia and digestive problems.
• Weight Loss pills – These pills have a lot of negative side effects. It can cause palpitation, dry mouth and insomnia.
• Carbohydrate Restriction – Carbohydrates are needed in the body to function properly over restriction can cause metabolism problems.
All of these diets and habits are harmful to the body, and should not be done ever. Weight loss is a sensitive topic to some people, if you notice someone you know who is trying out or doing some of these ways tell them about the risk. Help them transition to a healthier lifestyle.