Ulcers can affect anybody. Ulcers are caused by bacteria that can come from a lot of factors. This bacteria is called the Helicobacter pylori but ulcers can also come from aspirin and anti-inflammatory drug usage. Having an unhealthy lifestyle and diet can worsen ulcers.
Ulcers are Commonly found in the:
Leaving ulcers untreated, can cause cancer, liver diseases and other chronic illness. There are a lot of medications in the market that can target ulcers, but there are also home remedies you can try to help remove or lessen ulcer symptoms. Here are a few.
Home Remedy Treatments for Ulcers
Test your limits – Eliminate foods that cause irritation to your stomach and trigger your ulcer symptoms. Avoid dairy for 2 weeks and see if there is a difference.
- Gut reactions – Watch out for your reaction to foods. If spicy foods can cause irritation to your stomach lessen intake of it.
- Eat wisely – Avoid skipping meals, eat healthy and stop snacking on fatty and processed foods.
- Up your fiber – Eat high fiber foods to control acid production in the stomach.
- Skip the milk – Drinking beverages that are high in calcium can create too much acid in the stomach.
- Drink lightly – Drinking can be healthy, but like most things excessive use can cause health problems. Drink moderately and opt for light drinks
- Stress control – Remove stress from your life by doing yoga or meditation.
- Slippery Elm – Use slippery elm to help protect the lining of the stomach from acid. It can be taken in powder or pill form.
- Self-medicate with care – Having an anti-acid on hand is great at relieving the pain. Remember not to over- medicate though. Consult your doctor for the right dosage.
- Smoking – Smoking can weaken the immune system and make you more susceptible to diseases and bacteria. It also weakens the lining of the esophagus and lungs.
- Bananas – Bananas contain antibacterial properties that can protect the stomach from ulcer growth and bacteria. Eating bananas can also improve digestion.
- Mind your minerals – Bismuth subcitrate have antibacterial properties known to treat ulcers.
- Garlic – Eating a crushed clove of garlic a day can fight off bacteria, like H. pylori.
- Cabbage – People who suffer from ulcers can benefit from drinking a glass of cabbage juice a day. Ulcers significantly disappear with consumption of raw cabbage and juice daily.
- Plums – Avoid getting H. Pylori by eating plums and berries.
- Cayenne pepper – Cayenne pepper stimulates blood flow that brings nutrients to the stomach. Add a little cayenne to your drinking water daily.
- Licorice – Lessen stomach acids and reduce damage in the stomach lining. Licorice can be taken as a supplement, tea or candy.
If you suffer from pain or burning sensations in the abdominal, throat and chest area, talk to your doctor. Get some test done and avoid serious outcomes of ulcers.