Regardless if consumed or applied topically, it seems like radish always has something impressive to offer. Continue reading to know the best contributions of this pungent-tasting root vegetable to your health, skin and hair.
BENEFITS TO THE HEALTH:
- Fiber radish is packed with helps regulate the digestive process as well as bowel movement.
- Additionally, fiber helps keep some cholesterol in food from being absorbed and ending up inside the arteries.
- Because of this, the consumption of radish may help keep high blood pressure, atherosclerosis and heart disease at bay.
- Radish contains antioxidants, molecules that can put a stop to the damaging activities of excessive free radicals in your body. By consuming this edible root, you may ward off cancer, obesity, chronic inflammation and even aging.
- Vitamins such as A, C and K in every serving help promote and maintain regular body processes.
- Radish also contains a variety of minerals such as calcium, magnesium, phosphorous, potassium, sodium, zinc, copper, manganese and fluoride, each one of them serving various roles for proper health and body functioning.
- Iron in radish is a mineral necessary for the proper functioning of the red blood cells and prevention of iron-deficiency anemia. The said mineral is also a major role player in keeping the immune system up and running.
- Radish is a low-calorie and filling vegetable that contains lots of water, making it excellent for weight-watchers.
- Amino acids in radish are building blocks of protein, making them very important for muscle building, repair and maintenance too.
- Vitamin C radish is packed with is an antioxidant that promotes healthy skin by warding off diseases affecting it.
BENEFITS TO THE SKIN:
- Since radish contains lots of water, its consumption is a great way to keep your skin cells hydrated. Consuming the root vegetable on a regular basis helps you attain young-looking and glowing skin.
- Dietary fiber and water radish has plenty of work together to sweep out impurities within, giving you clear skin.
- The juice of radish may be applied directly on the skin to neutralize impurities.
- The same juice may be daubed on insect bites and breakouts as it has natural antiseptic properties.
- Radish contains vitamin C that helps heal wounds and pimples, as well as ward off premature aging signs.
BENEFITS TO THE HAIR:
- Consuming radish regularly is said to reduce hair fall. Also, massaging the juice of radish, in particular the black variety, can promote the growth of new hair.
- Allowing radish juice to stay on your scalp for an hour is an effective dandruff-buster.
- Massaging it on your hair helps make your tresses look shinier and full of life.
- Iron in radish is vital for the promotion of healthy hair. The amino acids in the pungent-tasting vegetable help strengthen each strand.
20 .Regular consumption of radish is good for the scalp as it helps hydrate it and promote blood circulation.