1. Bananas contain tryptophan, an amino acid necessary for the production of the happy hormone called serotonin. Making bananas a part of your everyday diet helps in preventing depression as well as Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD).
2. Eating bananas is good for the circulatory system due to its potassium content. Potassium is essential for proper heart muscle contraction and it is also said to help in lowering high blood pressure.
3. Potassium in bananas also helps boost brain function, thus improving the memory and making you always alert.
4. Due to their high fiber content, bananas offer relief from constipation. Consuming them is also ideal after a bout with diarrhea as bananas soothe the digestive tract and replace lost electrolytes.
5. Bananas allow for the growth of health-giving bacteria in the gut. Similarly, they enhance the absorption of nutrients in food, thanks to their enzymes that aid in the process of digestion.
6. Grab a banana each time you are being bugged by the symptoms of ulcer and acid reflux as they are natural antacids.
7. Consuming bananas helps detoxify you by ridding the body of poisonous substances. Pectin in bananas is capable of neutralizing a wide variety of toxins.
8. Vitamin B-6 in bananas helps boost the immune system by assisting the body in the production of white blood cells.
9. Eating bananas is good for the bones in two ways. First, bananas boost calcium absorption. Second, they help reduce the amount of calcium lost through the urine.
10. Pregnant women suffering from morning sickness can attain relief simply by eating a banana before getting out of bed.
11. Bananas are good for women who are troubled by uncomfortable PMS symptoms.
12. Antioxidants in bananas help relieve inflammation by reducing the damage brought about by excess free radicals.
13. Similarly, antioxidants in these super fruits are also known to help slow down age-related macular degeneration and prevent cancer.
14. Having a couple of bananas before hitting the gym allows you to work out optimally. Bananas are good at regulating your blood sugar levels, enabling you to have sustained energy while pumping iron or doing cardio exercises.
15. Bananas are good for dieters as they are energizing, and make them feel full longer.
16. Since bananas are excellent blood sugar level regulators, sufferers of type II diabetes should include them in their diet.
17. Because of their potassium content, bananas are good for people who are constantly plagued by cramps during exercise or at night while sleeping.
18. Iron in bananas helps relieve anemia, thus helping patients in dealing with various symptoms like weakness, fatigue and shortness of breath.
19. Bananas contain B-vitamins and the electrolytes potassium and magnesium. All of these nutrients can be highly beneficial to individuals who just quit smoking and are encountering the usual withdrawal symptoms.
20. Bananas help lower body temperature during bouts with fever. Snacking on them during hot summer days helps cool you down.