Candida strikes when there’s an abundance of the fungi candida albicans in the body. Candidiasis or yeast infection is a very common problem among women that is brought about by the said fungi.
It’s not unlikely for a woman to repeatedly suffer from candidiasis. Each time it shows up, there are a few home remedies that are proven highly effective and safe in dealing with the fungal infection.
1. Yogurt – Yogurt may be eaten or applied directly on the affected area to restore normal balance of microorganisms.
2. Tea tree oil – Create vaginal wash that helps zap candidiasis by adding a few drops of tea tree oil to water.
3. Apple cider vinegar – If tea tree oil is not readily available, opt for apple cider vinegar. Add a tablespoon of it in water and use the mixture as vaginal wash.
4. Garlic – You may consume it raw or wrap one in clean gauze and insert it in the vagina.
5. Boric acid capsules – It’s also possible to place and leave a boric acid capsule in the vagina to deal with candidiasis.
6. Colloidal silver – Other than taking a teaspoon of it twice a day, you may apply colloidal silver on the affected area.
7. Bentonite clay – The intake of bentonite clay helps restore balance of microorganisms within, healing yeast infection.
8. Reishi mushrooms – Bounce back from yeast infection by boosting your immunity with the consumption of resihi mushroom.
9. Ginseng – Another way to bolster your immune system and wipe off candidiasis is by taking ginseng supplements.
10. Aloe vera juice – The intake of antioxidant-packed aloe vera juice helps strengthen you immune system.
11. Noni juice – In case aloe vera juice isn’t around, allow noni juice to give you a yeast infection-free vagina.
12. Coconut oil – Because of the antimicrobial properties of coconut oil, taking up to 2 tablespoons of it daily can help heal the infection.
13. Goldenseal tea – Washing the affected area with goldenseal tea diluted with water is an effective all-natural remedy for yeast infection.
14. Pau d’arco tea – The intake of pau d’arco tea on a regular basis helps heal candidiasis as well as keep subsequent infections at bay.
15. Black walnut extract – Many sufferers of yeast infection swear by the effectiveness of taking black walnut extract.
16. Oregano essential oil – This aromatic oil with antifungal properties may be applied directly on the affected areas.
17. Camphor essential oil – This may be used if oregano essential oil isn’t available.
18. Olive leaf extract – Its intake can help fight off the fungal infection naturally.
19. Garlic and sesame oil – Apply sesame oil infused with a clove of garlic on the affected area to heal the infection.
20. Eleuthero root tincture – This red ginseng tincture helps in strengthening your immune system.