There are a lot of factors that can trigger vomiting such as stomach upset, severe migraine, and even other medical conditions. Regardless of what has caused vomiting, the most important thing to do is to stop it as soon as possible as vomiting frequently can rob you of your strength as you are emptying your body of its much needed liquids. Fortunately, there is no shortage of natural remedies to help vomiting disappear and among these are the following.
- Mint leaves. Those ready-made herbal teas are good for other health issues but when you need to stop vomiting as quickly as possible, try brewing mint tea. You can do this by steeping dried mint leaves in boiling water for an hour before straining and drinking. Another option would be to chew on fresh mint leaves to alleviate vomiting.
- Apple cider vinegar. Never underestimate the power of apple cider vinegar when it comes to solving various health issues like vomiting. Apple cider vinegar can help detoxify your system while keeping your stomach calm. It is also a good choice when it comes to treating food poisoning because it has antimicrobial properties that can get rid of the bug in your stomach. Just mix a tablespoon each of honey and apple cider vinegar in a glass of water and drink it. You can repeat this as many times as you want.
- Ginger root. Another kitchen ingredient that has been found to be effective in alleviating vomiting is ginger root. This remedy is constantly used in many Asian countries as they found it to be effective in treating various digestive issues. If you can, chew on a piece of ginger root to help alleviate vomiting. If the taste is not to your liking, take a spoonful of honey whie chewing the root.
- Cumin. Cumin is one of the best natural remedies when it comes to treating vomiting as it has the ability to stimulate one’s pancreas to produce enzymes to reduce that queasy feeling. Just mix half a teaspoon of ground cumin seeds in a glass of warm water then drink it. You can also add cardamom and cumin powder to a teaspoon of honey then take this solution slowly.
- Onion juice. This may be an unusual remedy for vomiting but you might be surprised how powerful this treatment is when it comes to alleviating your vomiting woes. The only problem with this treatment is that it will make your breath smell but if you are feeling miserable at the moment, you won’t really need to step out of the house, right? Just gather the juice from the onion by grating it then drink. Follow this up with some cold peppermint tea to wash away the taste and the smell too.
These are just a few examples of home remedies for vomiting with the ingredients easily found in your kitchen. This way, you won’t have to go outside your home to stop this symptom because you’ll probably have everything you need right in your very own kitchen.