With the influx of selfies and photo sharing sites, it is rewarding to share beautiful smiles anywhere in the World Wide Web. We do not need to become a celebrity to possess having one. While smile gives many health benefits, it is just amazing to see someone who smiles at you. Smile is really contagious as it gives a mood booster. However, it can be hard to put on a happy grin on your face if you are ashamed of your broken, missing, or stained teeth. It brings down one’s self-confidence. To get your genuine, dazzling smile back, here are tips to fix the problem.
- Brush and floss daily. Brushing your teeth twice a day and flossing daily are essential to preserve a smile. However, dentists imply the importance of correct brushing technique. How to do it? Hold the brush at a 45-degree angle to your teeth so the bristles can reach under the gumline. This will allow removal of plaque, a colorless film that builds up on teeth, main agent of tooth decay. Do not forget to brush the backs of your teeth. Brush for two minutes. Flossing once daily is as vital as brushing your teeth. So make these dental activities a routine.
- Don’t forget your gums. Taking care of your gums is also essential in making a beautiful smile. Gums play crucial role in having a nice smile; thus, maintaining them is important, too. Dental expert reveals that you can have a beautiful teeth, however if the gums are not healthy, it spoils your smile.
- See your orthodontist first. It boosts your confidence if you can smile with a good set of teeth. For dental correction, consult an orthodontist for treatment before committing to any latest cosmetic dental treatments. Orthodontic treatment results look more natural and far less invasive than veneers. You can opt having traditional braces, clear aligner trays to straighten your teeth, which provide healthier-looking smile, with results that can last a lifetime.
- Consider cosmetic treatments. To correct, improve your smile as well as boost your self-esteem, consider getting the latest cosmetic dental techniques. These treatments can repair chips, close a gap, replace a missing tooth, and straighten the look of your teeth even whitening the teeth. However, you must check the profile of the cosmetic dentist who will do the procedure before getting one since these changes are irreversible.
- Freshen your breath. It is hard to smile if you are conscious about your breath. Treat your bad breath by flossing once and brushing your teeth as well as your tongue twice daily. The tongue is a great place to hide bacteria so brushing it is important. In addition, doing oral prophylaxis at least twice a year and using antimicrobial mouthwash can help alleviate the condition.
- Limit sugar intake. To prevent plaque buildup, most dentists recommend to eat more fruits and vegetables and limit the intake of sugar products especially snacks that are sticky to adhere to tooth surface. This will make your teeth strong and you can flash your smile confidently.
In addition with the tips aforementioned, consider wearing the right color of lipstick especially for ladies to keep your smile beautiful. Choose a lipstick color that works well with your skin tone. Selecting the right shade of lipstick can make the teeth look whiter. Best lip colors that complement well on your teeth are cherry red, wine, berry, plum, and rosy pink. Meanwhile, blue-based or pink-based undertones help in hiding yellow stains in your teeth. Too dark or too red shade of your lipstick can make your smile less appealing.
To produce a picture-perfect photo of yours, act natural. It is advised to smile gently wherein your mouth opens slightly, and your lower lip matches with the curve of your upper teeth. Smiling that way will make you feel and look relaxed. Moreover, keep practicing your smile in the mirror. Find your best angle especially if you are having your memorable celebrations such as graduation, birthday or wedding. These celebrations are worth when you share a genuine, beautiful smile.