With severe pain as one of its symptoms, urinary tract infection gives one of the most disagreeable feelings. Prevent the occurrence of UTI by adopting a healthy lifestyle.
When UTI suddenly attacks, try these simple remedies.
When UTI is recurrent, more than 5,000 mg of Vitamin C is needed. By making the urine acidic, Vitamin C keeps the bladder from the intrusion of harmful bacteria. This way, the bladder stays healthy.
Constantly drinking water causes urination. When you keep urinating, water will flush out the bacteria from the system. When dealing with UTI, drink loads of water. A hot compress works great for to relieve pain.
Bromelain helps fight off infection. A cup of pineapples will help you with infection. Pineapples are rich with the enzyme bromelain.
Cranberry has some antibiotic quality. Four ounces of cranberry juice keep the bladder from infections. Drink four to eight glasses when infected. Never use cranberry as substitute to what doctors prescribe.
Being closely related to cranberries, blueberries fight infection-causing bacteria, too. Some researchers have seen blueberries preventing the occurrence of UTI. You may mix this with your morning cereal.
A teaspoon of baking soda added to a glass of water neutralizes the urine. This will result to a speedy recovery. At the smallest symptoms of infection, try drinking this. If the infection is still there after two days, go to a doctor immediately.
Dos and Don’ts
- If you feel like peeing, pee. Holding urine encourages the bacteria to pile up which might cause infections.
- For women, always use cotton underwear and panty hose to feel more comfortable. Fou guys, go for boxer shorts.
- Refrain from alcohol since it tends to irritate the bladder.
- Clean up before making love. Urinate afterwards. Condom is recommended over diaphragms which promote UTIs.
- Over-the-counter medicine works great to relieve pain, too.
- Avoid caffeine at all cost. Caffeine irritates the bladder.
Urinary tract infection is triggered by more than one factor. The important thing to do is to stay away from foods and activities that trigger this infection. Again, a healthy lifestyle is the best preventive measure one can adhere to.