A sore joint can be a real pain in the neck! No matter if it’s your knee, shoulder or elbow that’s bugging you, carrying out your daily activities can be affected negatively.
Popping painkillers in your mouth is not always the perfect solution. Everyone knows that the likes of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs or NSAIDs can cause all sorts of nasty side effects. Some of them include nausea, dizziness, headache, drowsiness, vomiting, decreased appetite, stomach ulcers, constipation, diarrhea and even rash. NSAIDs may also cause complications involving the liver and kidneys!
While it’s true that swallowing NSAIDs can provide relief from joint pain, chances are you will have to deal with the various problems mentioned above. In order to avoid unwanted side effects, a lot of people opt for topically-applied creams with analgesic effects. However, many of them are not good as NSAIDs in dealing with a sore joint.
There is a homemade remedy for joint pain that requires you to combine only a couple of ingredients. Both of them are very easy to obtain as they are readily available at the nearest supermarket. In fact, they may already be in your kitchen!
So what are these two ingredients that, when combined, can give you freedom from sore joints? They are lemons and olive oil. Actually, it’s just the peels of the lemons that you will need for this pain-busting DIY cream. You may use the lemons themselves for coming up with a thirst-quenching beverage that’s packed with vitamin C.
Lemons are known to offer so many health and beauty benefits. Let us take a quick look at them before we actually discuss how to make a super effective cream for joint pain. Here they are:
- Lemons are said to be very good at dealing with various respiratory problems such as asthma. Vitamin C they are very rich in is known to help provide relief from breathing difficulty.
- Because they are packed with immune-boosting vitamin C, lemons can be beneficial for people suffering from allergies, colds, cough and flu. Giving lemon juice to someone with fever is a wonderful idea.
- These citrus fruits are known to assist in blood clotting, thus helping to prevent internal bleeding.
- Lemons are excellent for various digestive problems. For instance, sipping a cup of warm lemon juice is very good at easing indigestion. Since lemon juice is rich in fiber, drinking it on a regular basis can help ward off constipation.
- Adding lemon juice to warm water and taking the mix first thing in the morning is said to help promote detoxification of the body. This approach is also known to be wonderful for people who wish to slim down.
- These fruits are known to be effective against arthritis and rheumatism.
- Daubing freshly-squeezed lemon juice on pimples and acne may be done to attain immediate drying of the said cosmetic problems. Regularly applying lemon juice on scars may help in improving the appearance of those skin imperfections. Drinking lemon juice regularly can help you look young and beautiful as it’s loaded with antioxidants.
Now it’s time to whip up a wonderful home remedy for joint pain. Here’s the very simple recipe:
- 2 medium-sized lemons
- Olive oil
- A glass jar
- Wash the lemons and peel them.
- Place the peels in the glass jar.
- Fill the glass jar with olive oil.
- Close the lid and allow the mixture to stand for a couple of weeks.
That’s it! After two weeks, you have a topically-applied solution to sore joints. All you have to do is soak a piece of clean gauze into the creamy solution and place it neatly on the affected joint. Allow the sore joint to rest for 3 to 4 hours. It’s a good idea to opt for this effective DIY remedy before hitting the sack.