Smoking is one of the world’s most major health problems. In the U.S., roughly 500,000 people die every year due to smoking. The causes of death are cancers, strokes, breathing problems, and much more health problems that are related to smoking.
One cigarette is consisted of chemical agents that are thousands in number and sixty of which cause cancer.
What makes cigarette smoking very addictive is its addictive ingredient called nicotine. The companies use this knowledge to their advantage and manipulate nicotine levels in cigarettes to ensure that their customers, the smokers, become addicted. It is saddening to know that companies would add harmful content in their product as liberally as they want just to sell and earn money. But then again, this is business and the reality of the world being discussed.
The bloodstream quickly absorbs the nicotine; it takes thirty seconds to reach the brain after entering the body. This would stimulate the brain and have it release special chemicals, which create energy and feelings of pleasure.
The good news however, is that there are foods that can rid you of nicotine in your body.
1. Your body becomes dehydrated when you smoke. Hydrate your body back to normal and flush out the nicotine away from your body by drinking lots of water.
2. The levels of Vitamins A, C, and E in your body are reduced when you smoke. Restore them by eating a fruit rich in those vitamins: kiwi fruit.
3. Spinach is rich in folic acid and is rich in vitamins.
4. Nicotine damages the skin too. Care for your skin by drinking carrot juice, which contain large amounts of Vitamins A, K, C, and B, proven to efficiently remove nicotine from the body.
5. Drinking orange juice regularly relieves stress and boosts metabolism.
6. Eat more broccoli to restore the reduced levels of Vitamin B5 and C in the body.
Remember to include these foods in your grocery list so you won’t forget them the next time you go shopping!