If you find the famous Bang Bang Shrimp gastronomically unforgettable, fret not. You can come up with an easier baked version of it whenever you want to revel in its delectable goodness or you wish to give your family or friends a scrumptious treat. In less than 30 minutes, you can whip up the legendary Bang Bang Shrimp in a slightly different version.
For the crunchy shrimp:
8 pieces large shrimps, wild-caught
2 tablespoons of egg whites
2 tablespoons of corn starch
2 tablespoons of flour
1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon of smoked paprika
1/2 teaspoon of cayenne powder
1/2 teaspoon of sriracha
1/2 cup of almond milk or any other milk available
1/2 cup of Panko breadcrumbs
A dash of salt
For the spicy dip:
1 teaspoon of sriracha
1 tablespoon of ketchup
1/4 cup of mayonnaise
1. Get your oven prepped for this exciting recipe by preheating it to 400 °F.
2. Grab a baking sheet and line it with parchment paper.
3. Have the shrimps washed, trimmed and de-veined.
4. In a small bowl, combine your egg whites, milk, corn starch, flour, garlic powder, smoked paprika, cayenne powder and sriracha. Mix very well using a whisk to come up with the batter. Do take note that you may adjust the amount of sriracha you place into the batter, depending on your preference or spice tolerance.
5. On a small plate, put your Panko breadcrumbs.
6. Dip a piece of shrimp into the batter and coat it with breadcrumbs. Place it neatly on the baking sheet you have earlier lined with parchment paper. Repeat until all of the shrimps are battered, coated and placed on the baking sheet.
7. Bake them for 12 to 15 minutes, remembering to flip them over halfway through.
8. While waiting for the shrimps to cook, it’s time to whip up the dip. In a small bowl, combine your 1/4 cup of mayonnaise and a tablespoon of ketchup. Don’t forget that teaspoon of sriracha too. Mix them very well.
9. Serve your baked version of Bang Bang Shrimp together with this spicy dip.