You’re probably wondering why baking soda is almost always in many kitchen pantries everywhere. It seems that this ingredient is not only good for cooking but it actually has plenty of health benefits to offer. What makes this beneficial for us is because of its antifungal, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, and antiseptic properties. Baking soda is actually effective in various treatments provided that you use it occasionally. Also, make sure that you do a patch test first before you try this product out to avoid any side effects if you are sensitive to it.
- Advertisements -
If you are wondering what benefits you can gain from baking soda, here are a few examples that you will surely be amazed with.
- It helps whiten teeth. If your teeth are stained yellow, the good news is that baking soda can help bring back the whiteness of your teeth. Baking soda works as a mild abrasive which can get rid of any stubborn debris while at the same time, bleach your teeth to remove the stains. To use this treatment, simply add some to your toothpaste and brush your teeth for two minutes. You should do this treatment every day.
- It can prevent heartburn. Another health benefit that is associated with baking soda is that it can keep heartburn at bay. Heartburn occurs when the acid in the stomach goes back up in the chest area causing that burning sensation. Just add a teaspoon of baking soda to a glass of water and drink it after eating to prevent heartburn.
- It evens out your complexion. Baking soda is also beneficial to those who need help with their complexion. Since baking soda is mildly abrasive, it is useful as an exfoliant to remove dead skin cells. Just add one to two teaspoons of baking soda with rose water or water to create a paste. Apply on your skin and leave it on for a minute. Rub it gently afterwards using the tips of your fingers. Wash afterwards with lukewarm water then pat your skin dry. You’ll notice that your skin looks brighter.
- It’s good as foot soak. Our feet are often battered with the amount of standing and walking that we do every day so why not treat it nicely by preparing a foot soak? Add some baking soda in a tub of water then mix it thoroughly. Soak your feet afterwards to give them relief and also to remove dead skin cells.
- It can get rid of body odor. Excessive sweating can cause body odor to emanate. This can be a problem especially when you’re with other people. Fortunately, baking soda can help get rid of the foul smell. Start by combining 1/8 teaspoon of baking soda with a few drops of your choice of essential oils and a tablespoon of water. Dip a cotton ball into the mixture then rub on the areas that you experience a lot of sweating. Not only will this help regulate your sweat glands but it can also combat the smell.