Tarragon is an herb that is commonly used in many French cuisines but should actually be integrated into various meals as it has a robust flavor not to mention numerous health benefits attached to it.
Tarragon usually grows up to four feet when it has already matured where both its leaves and stems can be used as seasoning. You can pick them fresh or dry them for later use if you like. A lot of people who are into organic cooking are sure to have used this herb at one point in their dishes but even so, not everyone knows how amazing this herb can be when it comes to delivering health benefits to its users which are listed below.
- Works as toothache remedy. Tarragon has often been used to soothe toothaches for ages. Greeks were discovered to chew on this herb because it can help numb the pain thanks to the presence of eugenol. This compound is actually the same one found in clove oil. Studies have also shown that tarragon can reduce sore gums which are normally associated with toothache.
- It helps with insomnia. If you are having trouble sleeping at night, you might want to prepare some tarragon tea. This herb has a calming effect which can put you at a relaxed state before bed time. This means that you can easily slip into restful sleep.
- Aids in digestion. Tarragon can also be used as a digestive tonic to help boost bile production in the liver. This can improve one’s digestive function as well as relieve digestive problems like dyspepsia, irritable bowels, and even an upset stomach.
- Boosts appetite. If you need to gain weight but don’t have much appetite, adding tarragon to your dishes may just be the thing that you need. This herb is considered as an appetite stimulant so you will be eating more than usual. This will work perfectly for those who are anorexic or are in need to gain weight as per recommendations of their physicians.
- It has plenty of antioxidants. Another health benefit that is linked to tarragon is that it is packed with antioxidants that can combat free radicals. Free radicals are basically the byproduct of metabolism which are known to destroy or damage the cells unless they are removed from the body immediately. It appears that tarragon can actually help eliminate free radicals that are accumulating in the body to protect you from further health problems.
- Combats bad breath and other odors. Are you suffering from bad breath or body odors? Tarragon can help you eliminate these smells so you will gain your confidence back. You can chew on this herb to help freshen your breath or, if you are going to make your own deodorant, add a few drops of tarragon oil into the mixture to help combat the smell.
These are just a few health benefits that are linked to this amazing herb. If you want to take advante of these benefits then you better start adding tarragon to your dishes.