There is no denying the fact that we are all eager to know what the latest diet options are nowadays because we want to keep the weight off from our bodies. We have encountered quite a lot over the past few years with some disappearing from existence while others are still going strong. And since it is the start of the new year, let’s take a closer look at the best diet options for us to try.
- Bean pastas. Although beans were everything in the diet scene last year, it appears that it will still play a major role in 2017. So keep your eyes peeled for bean pastas that are made from bean flours. These pastas are actually high in fiber and protein content which your body needs in order to function properly. Plus, fiber is actually good for going on a diet as it lasts longer in your stomach.
- DASH diet. DASH or Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension is not only designed to keep hypertension at bay but it can also prevent weight gain from occurring. This diet takes your age as well as your fitness level into account to determine the amount of calories that you should consume.
- Another diet that won’t disappear any time soon is seaweed. This food is actually low in calories and of course, high in nutrient content. You can use seaweed for sushi, maki, and even use them as toppings for soups or rice if you like.
- Biggest loser diet. The hit TV series, Biggest Loser, prompted many individuals to actually follow the diet after seeing such huge differences in the contestants. What makes this diet even better is that it is actually following healthy eating, not to mention the use of a journal to keep track of the calories that you’ve eaten along the way. Although some may think this diet is tedious or complicated, once you get the hang of it, you’ll see some impressive changes to your overall weight.
- Inventive jerky. We can’t deny how useful jerkies are when satisfying our hunger because of their high protein content but it seems that there are healthier options cropping up lately such as seafood jerky made from salmon and grass-fed lamb jerky. Don’t forget to keep an eye on the sodium content to ensure that they are not off the charts.
- Weight watchers. In this diet, participants follow “Smart Trackers” and they are even allowed to eat anything they want as long as they are in the right portions. What’s great about this diet is that there are plenty of recipes for you to try so you won’t feel at a loss as to what to prepare next.
These are just a handful of diets that we are sure to see more of this year. It is always a good idea to try some if you are not sure which one to follow as of yet but to help you find the right one for you, consider your level of commitment and you’ll be able to narrow down your options.