Cornmeals are great for waffles, it tends to make it sweeter, crispier and give it a more golden glow. The cornmeals also help keep the crispiness of the waffle in tack even after minutes of its baking. This is a great recipe for the family; you can cook it with your kids easily.
If you love your waffle crispy and fluffy try this easy cornmeal waffle recipe.
Cornmeal Waffle Recipe:
• 1-¼ cup Yellow Cornmeal
• 2 cups 2% Milk (can be substituted with buttermilk, fat free milk and almond milk)
• 1-½ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
• 3 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
• 1-¾ cup All-purpose Flour
• Two Whole Eggs
• A Tablespoon Baking Powder
• A Tablespoon Brown Sugar
• Half a teaspoon of Kosher Salt
• Preheat the waffle maker
• Beat the eggs together
• Add the baking powder, kosher salt, brown sugar, flour and cornmeal into a large bowl and mix well.
• After mixing the dry ingredient together, mix the milk, vegetable oil, vanilla extract and egg together. You can use a whisk or a hand blender.
• When all the wet ingredients are mix thoroughly, slowly pour this mixture in the bowl with the dry ingredients. Slowly whisk the ingredients together. Make sure that there are no lumps in the mixture.
• There is no need to spray on some oil in the waffle maker since the ingredient already used vegetable oil in the batter.
• Pour a half a cup of batter in the middle of your waffle maker. (The amount of batter you put in will depend on the size of your waffle maker.)
• Cook the waffle until it is golden brown. This will mostly take 3 to 4 minutes per waffle.
• Remove the waffle when it is baked to the crispy crust you want. Continue making waffles with the rest of the batter.
• Serve with syrup and butter.
– You can add some toppings to your cornmeal waffles too. You can add fresh fruits like bananas, strawberries and blueberry.
Cornmeal Waffles are a great alternative to regular waffles. They have a super yummy crispy and delicate crust, and have soft, fluffy and moist center.