It doesn’t matter whether you want to speed up your weight loss goals or you want to boost your metabolism for a healthier feeling, drinking detox water might be of good use to you. Most of the time, doctors recommend that you drink 6 to 8 glasses of water daily to get rid of all those toxins in your body. But there is no harm in making your H20 more interesting by adding extra ingredients to it like lemon and other detoxing agents. If you want to try detox water, here are a few recipes that you can try.
- Pineapple lime detox water. For this recipe, you will need to get the juice from two freshly squeezed limes, add pineapple wedges, and lemon, cut into wedges. To complete this detox water, add a sprig of parsley then drink to boost your metabolism and to remove toxins.
- Citrus cucumber detox water. This detox water is actually quite delicious and refreshing so you’ll enjoy it when you’re trying to hydrate yourself. You will need slices of lemon, grapefruit, lime, some fresh cucumber, fresh mint leaves, and freshly sliced ginger. Mix them all in a pitcher and drink throughout the day. The cucumber slices can de-bloat you while the citrus fruits aim to promote detoxifying your kidneys so that your skin will become clearer. The mint is useful because it can help suppress your appetite.
- Sweet apple herbal detox water. Another detox water recipe that is worth trying is the sweet apple herbal detox water. In this detox recipe, you should prepare 2 orange wedges, 1 whole apple sliced thinly, 2 pinches of rosemary, and a dash of Himalayan salt. Drink this solution throughout the day to help speed up the process of removing toxins from your body and to boost function of your organs.
- Lemon soda detox water. You should also try the lemon soda detox water if you want to help detoxify your kidneys. Just mix a glass of chilled sparkling water or warm water with apple cider vinegar and lemon and drink it. The two ingredients can help regulate the acidic pH levels of foods such as bread and dairy while promoting cleansing.
- Lemon ginger detox water. If you’re into citrus fruits, this one is for you. You will need the juice from 2 whole lemons. Another lemon should be added to the drink but you need to cut it into wedges first. Add a tablespoon of freshly ground red chili powder, and finally, get an inch of ginger root and mince it before adding to your drink. Sip this solution to help flush out the toxins from your body while helping your kidneys do their work.
These detox water recipes are just a few examples of tried and tested detox drinks that you can use if you want to boost your weight loss or you just want to try something new to hydrate yourself. Mixing and matching the ingredients can yield some interesting results too.