Yoga is associated to enhancing body posture. More than that, doing yoga is helpful in keeping a glowing skin. How does it happen? Learn the importance of yoga in improving the condition of your skin.
Yoga releases toxins from the body.
Yoga’s body movements demonstrate series of postures that are held for a specific period, known as asanas. They increase blood flow circulation to skin cells, helping release body toxins and impurities.
Since better circulation is key to radiant skin, yoga can enhance your body’s circulation similar to aerobic exercises. The better your body circulation, the more effective toxins are removed. This brings out healthy and radiantly beautiful skin.
Sweating can help purge impurities out of the body. Because Yoga demands body work by going through difficult postures, you are allowing your body to pour out sweat. That makes sweating an excellent detoxifier as it gets rid of skin’s dirt, oil and pollution.
After a session, take a shower immediately to wash away sweat and odor-causing bacteria. Sweat can clog pores which result in other skin disorders such as blemishes and acne.
Yoga provides nutrients beneficial for the skin.
Proper breathing techniques are taught in yoga sessions. One of them is Breath of Fire that fills body with oxygen and blood flow. This kind of breathing technique focuses on inhalation followed by a sharp exhalation. The key to it is the rhythm of breathing where exhaling expels out toxins from the body and skin while inhaling provides fresh oxygen.
Doing exercise or yoga routine helps boost collagen as it infuses skin cells with oxygen and other nutrients. It makes an ideal condition for better collagen production.
Yoga minimizes stress.
Stress is already part of our daily lives. Unable to manage stress can have its negative impact especially on our skin. Stress increases levels of androgens and cortisol in the body. Too much androgen and cortisol can lead to skin problems such as oily skin and acne. It also affects blood flow, prompting ruddy and sensitive skin. Yoga’s asana poses and deep breathing techniques provide relief to people who are under stressful situations as it silences the release of stress hormones, improving the skin’s condition. To make your yoga experience relaxing, put scented candles inside your room especially if you practice poses and other techniques at home.
To achieve healthy skin through yoga, heed the following recommendations:
- Do asanas movements (yoga postures). Asanas can help increase blood circulation to the head and face areas. Examples of asanas are Cobra Pose, Fish Pose, Plow Pose, Shoulder Stand, Triangle Pose and Child Pose. The following postures increase oxygenation to the system. All inverted postures and forward bends that increases blood supply to the head can help in achieving clean, glowing skin.
- Perform cooling pranayamas (breathing exercises). These two known breathing exercises such as Sheetali and Sheetkari help provide a cooling effect to the skin and retain its glow. Also known as hissing breath, this is good for women who have oily skin and prone to developing acne. To execute this exercise, place your tongue at the back of the palette, keep your lips open, inhale through your teeth and exhale through your nose. Repeat the process.
- Try Kapal Bhati pranayama for glowing skin. Kapal Bhati is an effective detoxifying technique. By doing forceful exhalation, detoxification occurs and the effect of it shows in the form of naturally glowing skin. Kapal in English translation means forehead while Bhati means glowing.
- Do meditation twice a daily. Practicing medication will help you radiate from within. This becomes your natural makeup that lasts long and makes you beautiful in the process.
- Practice facial yoga exercises daily. Performing facial yoga exercises at home for at least 20 minutes will help tighten face muscles. Massaging your jaws reduces stress. Massaging your eyebrows creates a dose of instant relaxation. Meanwhile, the kiss and smile technique enables to exercise face muscles. Perform this technique by pushing out your lips as if you are to kiss a baby then smile broadly, as you can. This makes your checks and lips look plump.
- Execute Surya Namaska. This technique is one of the fast –paced yoga exercises that make you sweat and helps eliminate toxins from the system.
Together with yoga, do the following tips to achieve naturally glowing skin.
- Drink plenty of water. Taking this simple tip seriously will not help detoxify our body but it also maintains our skin clean and healthy. Shaucha or cleanliness of body, mind and speech is one of the first five rules of yoga
- Opt for fresh foods. Choose to eat healthy by including lots of fresh fruits and veggies. Go for foods that are rich in vitamin C. Papaya is an excellent source of vitamin C. This fruit works wonder for your skin by eating or applying it directly on your face for a massage. Potato is beneficial to our face, too. It is effective in diminishing dark spots and scars, tan as well as sunburn. Avoid fried and junk foods. Likewise, don’t consume too much spices and sweets.
- Check your body type. Knowing your body type is helpful to determine what type of diet is suitable for your body type. This is vital in keeping your body healthy.
- Get enough rest. Sleeping is essential. If you get decent amount of sleep, it shows on the appearance of your face. Take this tip earnestly.
- Flash your widest smile. Smile is the best and easiest makeup you can put on your face. The more you smile, the more your face will light up. It makes your skin glow naturally.
- Keep a positive attitude. Yoga teaches you to be positive. When you have positive attitude, it reflects well on your face.
- Go natural. Pick skincare products made from natural ingredients. Natural-made products transform the appearance of your skin from dull to fresh, rejuvenated and glowing one.
- Observe proper skincare regimen. Cleanse and moisturize your face twice a day. Refresh tired-looking eyes by splashing water on them at least 2 to 3 times a day. Treat yourself to a body massage to cleanse toxins away from your body.