It’s not all the time that the best solution for acne is found at the local pharmacy or a dermatological clinic. If you have combed the entire city and still you cannot seem to find a product that can put your skin problem to rest, maybe you don’t really have to leave your home. Maybe the perfect solution is already right there in your kitchen!
Did you know that garlic is being used for hundreds of years now in treating a dizzying assortment of issues concerning the skin? This well-known herb is capable of zapping bacteria, viruses and fungi that can wreak mayhem to your appearance. Other than making all sorts of dishes taste amazing, garlic can also make your skin look phenomenal once again.
Since acne is a common skin condition that’s pestering teens and adults alike, there are several different acne remedies in our midst. The sad truth is not all of them work well. Aside from being ineffective and cheap, some of them even cause side effects. This is when the benefit of opting for an all-natural solution like garlic becomes really apparent.
There are so many reasons why garlic is especially good at dealing with acne:
• Garlic has antiseptic properties. It can help in preventing the infection of clogged pores as well as the worsening of pimples and acne currently existing.
• It possesses anti-inflammatory properties. Applying it topically can help in preventing the exacerbation of acne. Taking it internally is also a fantastic idea to attain cure from acne from the inside out.
• The herb is loaded with antioxidants. Everyone knows that antioxidants are powerful fighters of free radicals, thus they protect your skin from damage.
• Garlic promotes improved blood circulation. Whether employed internally or externally, the herb allows problem areas of the skin to get all the nutrients and oxygen they need for healing and repair.
• It’s a good source of zinc which is good for acne. Experts say that zinc helps in regulating the production of sebum, thus zinc-containing garlic can help control excessive oils and unwanted acne formation.
• Consuming garlic helps in managing insulin resistance. Aside from diabetes, insulin resistance is a health condition that’s also associated with acne.
• Taking garlic also helps boost your immune system. Thanks to sulfur compounds found in garlic, your body is given the strength it needs to combat various problems, including acne.
All of these are the reasons why garlic makes for a superb all-natural solution for acne. This pungent herb may be way cheaper and more accessible than acne treatments prescribed by dermatologists and endorsed by celebrities, but its effectiveness in controlling acne will simply blow you away!
You can take advantage of garlic’s ability to zap acne in a couple of ways:
• Crush a few cloves of it and place over trouble areas on the face. Doing this will allow the juice of garlic to spring into action, killing off microbes, reducing inflammation and protecting the skin from further damage. Immediately remove when it begins to sting. Wash your face with cold water thoroughly and pat dry. Don’t forget to apply your favorite all-natural and non-comedogenic moisturizer to prevent dryness and the clogging of pores!
• Finely chop 4 to 5 cloves of garlic until you come up with something that’s almost paste-like. Mix it with 1 tablespoon of yogurt, in particular the plain and unsweetened kind. Apply all over your face or only on areas with acne. Allow this home remedy for acne to stay there for a few minutes before rinsing it off with cold water.
It’s up to you to find out which of the all-natural acne treatment solutions above will work best for you. Remember to come back and share how garlic has changed your appearance and ultimately your life!