Not all people are blessed with thick and voluminous hair. Others may be born with it but stress, malnutrition and the use of hairstyling products containing harsh ingredients may have caused their hair to fall or break easily. If you are not happy with the thickness of your tresses, there are numerous hair-thickening solutions available on today’s market. Also, you can easily come across all sorts off home remedies on the internet that can help reverse hair thinning by preventing hair fall and breakage, as well as by stimulating the growth of new hair.
There is a particular DIY hair mask that is said to be highly effective in promoting hair growth. It’s also something that helps moisturize the strands, thus keeping them from ending up dry and brittle, and breaking easily.
Prior to taking a look at the said home remedy, let us first take a quick glance at some of the reasons why having thick hair is desired by many and can actually be beneficial for you. Here they are:
• Your hair protects you from the sun. It absorbs those harmful UV rays the sun gives off, thus saving your body from heating up. Also, air gets trapped in between hair strands, which helps disperse heat.
• Your hair shields your head from low temperatures. When the cold season strikes, your mane protects your scalp from the freezing air.
• Your hair saves your head from impact. Thanks to the presence of hair, the impact of trauma can be reduced to a certain level, thus shielding your head and brain from injuries.
• Your hair makes you look attractive. There’s no denying that having thick and lustrous hair is eye-catching. Cutting, styling and coloring your hair also allows you to express yourself creatively.
If you have thinning hair or your hair is prone to falling or breaking, it’s not always that using commercially-available hair growers and thickeners is the perfect solution due to a variety of reasons. First, many of them contain harsh ingredients that can irritate your scalp and damage your hair. Second, there is no guarantee that the product you wish to use will meet expectations. Third, many of your options come with staggering price tags!
Fortunately, whipping up your own solution at home is not really difficult. In fact, there is one DIY hair mask that requires you to use only 4 ingredients, and they can be easily purchased and won’t leave a dent on your budget. Some of the things you will need may already be in your home right now. To come up with a mask having a rich consistency, you also need a blender — something that’s present in most kitchens these days.
Are you ready to enjoy thick hair that can make heads turn towards your direction no matter where you go? Read on!
- 1 ripe medium-sized banana
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon of raw honey
- 1/2 cup of beer
- Place all of your ingredients in a blender.
- Blend until you end up with something that has a rich consistency.
You’re done! All that’s left for you to do is apply the resulting mask on your hair and scalp.
Do not rinse it off right away! It’s a good idea to let it stay there for up to 2 hours. To help the mask do its job much better, don a shower cap. The heat generated will assist the ingredients in springing into action. Also, wearing a shower cap will help shield your clothes and furnishings from the mask. After 2 hours, step foot in the shower and shampoo.
Applying this mask should be done once a week. It won’t take long before everyone will start noticing how thick and beautiful your mane is!