It’s common knowledge that eggs are packed with protein and calcium. They also contain potassium, sodium, iron, magnesium and vitamins A, D, B6 and B12. Aside from consuming them, eggs can be used in a number of ways for you to look more attractive. That is why whenever you are in need for some quick beauty fix for problems such as limp hair or dull complexion, all you have to do is step foot in the kitchen, open the fridge and grab an egg.
Continue reading to know the various exceptional beauty uses of eggs. All of them allow you to look your best without spending a lot of cash on cosmetic products, many of which don’t even work!
- The price tags of anti-aging creams and gels can be quite staggering. If you don’t want to end up with a gigantic hole in your pocket while making yourself look younger, steer clear away from them and reach for an egg.
- Combine the white of an egg, a couple of tablespoons of honey and 3 tablespoons of clay mud. Mix all the ingredients very well and apply everything on your face as well as neck. Wait for this homemade anti-aging mask to completely dry then rinse off with water. Do this solution twice per week to enjoy noticeable results.
Dead Cell Remover
- Even the shells of eggs may be used for your to look amazing. They make for the perfect exfoliating body scrub that removes dead cells most especially in darker areas such as the knees and elbows.
- Simply place 4 to 5 empty eggshells in your blender and turn them into powder. Dump everything in a bowl and add a couple of tablespoons each of honey and rock salt. Mix very well. Gently massage this thick paste all over your body using your hands or with the help of a loofah. Rinse well with water and enjoy renewed complexion!
- Having strong nails is important if you want to pull off a fantastic manicure. If you are bugged by nails that get easily split or cracked, toughen them up with the help of this all-natural and effective nail strengthener.
- In a small bowl, combine an egg yolk and 1/4 cup of warm whole milk. Dip your nails in the mixture for about 10 minutes. Wash off with water afterwards. Do this daily to hasten the recovery and strengthening of your nails.
Deep Hair Conditioner
- A lot of conditioners on the market use eggs to work wonderfully. If the product you love is way past your budget, fret not because you may simply apply eggs on your hair to get soft and shiny hair, with the help of a few ingredients.
- To get started with having your hair deep conditioned, combine a couple of beaten eggs, 4 tablespoons of plain yogurt, and 1/2 cup of amla powder. You may purchase amla powder, also known as Indian gooseberry, at most health food stores or beauty shops. Massage the resulting paste on your damp hair and scalp. Put on a shower cap. After about half an hour, rinse in the shower and shampoo.
- Nothing is pretty about limp and lifeless hair. Naturally, you want your tresses to be shiny and bouncy. A quick way to add extra volume and luster to your hair is by conditioning it with something out of egg and lemon juice.
- Start by cracking an egg and placing it in a bowl. Add the juice of an entire medium-sized lemon. Beat using a fork until very frothy. Apply on your scalp and hair, making sure that each and every strand is covered from root to tip. Put on a shower cap. After about half and hour, rinse off then shampoo.
- Didn’t get to sleep very well last night and those dark circles and eye puffiness making you look tired and old? Simply grab an egg to get rid of them quickly.
- Crack an egg and place the white part in a bowl. Beat it. Using your fingertips or a makeup brush, gently apply the beaten egg white around the eyes. Leave it there until your skin feels taut. Rinse very well with cold water.
- Nothing can make you feel embarrassed more than having a face that’s shinier than a newly waxed racecar. An excellent way to remove excess oils on your face — especially on the T-zone — is by applying an oil-eliminating egg face mask.
- All you have to do is mix 1/2 cup of raw oatmeal and the white part of an egg in a bowl. Afterwards, gently massage on your face using your fingertips. Leave it there for about 30 minutes to allow the combination of oatmeal and egg white to remove excess oils. Rinse off with cold water to help shrink large skin pores.