Our makeup routine tends to change as we age. The appearance of wrinkles, crows’ feet, and other signs of aging often prompt us to look for ways to hide them when applying makeup. Most of us tend to apply too much concealer or foundation in the hopes of hiding these imperfections but more often than not the results are the opposite as the particles tend to fall into these lines and wrinkles making them more prominent. If you are wondering how you can hide the lines and wrinkles that are starting to show on your face, you might want to try these makeup tips out.
- Prepare your skin first. As a rule, before you apply your makeup, you need to prepare your skin first. This involves using a toner to cleanse your skin followed by a moisturizer for nourishment.
- Use sunscreen. Most of us tend to step outside our home without putting any sunscreen on. This leaves our skin exposed to the UV rays being emitted by the sun which damages the skin further. The best thing to do to keep signs of aging at bay is to apply sunscreen before you apply makeup. This will give twice the protection your skin needs so signs of aging will be kept at bay.
- Don’t forget to use a primer. This may sound like extra work to you but applying primer is important if you want to hide those fine lines and wrinkles around the eyes and mouth. What’s more, a good primer can help your foundation stay longer and that you’ll have a smoother canvass to work on.
- Concealer helps. Another trick to hiding signs of aging is to use a concealer. Dab a small amount on the affected areas and then smooth it out evenly. Choose a concealer that is nearer to your skin tone so that it won’t be visible when applied.
- Apply foundation correctly. You don’t really need to apply foundation from your hairline to your jawline because you can simply apply it on areas such as your forehead, nose, cheeks and chin only. Just remember to smooth the foundation evenly to hide any wrinkles or lines. Keep in mind that less is more when it comes to makeup so apply lightly.
- Add some blush. Another tip to concealing signs of aging is by applying some blush on. Give the apples of your cheeks that reddish hue but not so much that you look like the doll that you had when you were a kid. Keep in mind to blend your colors to achieve that natural glow.
- Use powder sparingly. Most women tend to finish their makeup with a loose powder to help set the colors but this should be done sparingly or not at all as the powder can easily settle between the lines and cracks on your skin. This can give your face that cake-y look that only highlights the lines and wrinkles that you are trying to hide.
- Keep your skin clean. It is important that you take care of your skin regardless of whether before or after you have applied makeup. The more you care for your skin, the easier it will be for you to keep those lines and wrinkles and other signs of aging at bay.
These are just a few examples of expert tips that you can use if you want to keep your skin looking smooth and youthful. Concealing lines, wrinkles, crows’ feet, and even those dark circles under your eyes is possible with the tips mentioned above.