It is said that 1 in every 20 people will develop kidney stones at a certain point in their lives. You will know that you have them because of the sudden onset of an excruciating flank pain. Nausea and vomiting may also be present. A urinalysis — the physical and chemical analysis of the urine — will also reveal that there’s blood present in the urine.
Usually, kidney stones exit the urinary tract on their own in 48 hours. Drinking plenty of fluids will facilitate the elimination of kidney stones. A doctor will also prescribe painkiller because, according to those who have had kidney stones, the process of eliminating those crystalline formations can be really painful!
For kidney stones that are too large to pass through the urinary tract on their own, a procedure called lithotripsy may have to be performed. This involves the use of shockwaves to break up large kidney stones into smaller pieces, thus permitting them to pass through the urinary tract eventually.
Currently, there are so many home remedies for dissolving kidney stones naturally. Some of them work very well while others fail to deliver. There is a particular solution for kidney stones that many people swear by. It’s so effective that it can actually remove those formations in just 10 days. This home remedy involves millet.
Millet is often known as the main ingredient in bird seed. However, this type of grain is not only suited for those little winged pals of ours. It is also superb for human consumption because millet is actually packed with minerals such as copper, phosphorous, magnesium and manganese. It is loaded with dietary fiber too.
Experts say that the inclusion of millet in the diet can offer certain benefits such as:
- Lowered blood pressure and heart attack risk
- Lowered risk of type 2 diabetes
- Reduction in the severity of asthma and frequency of migraine attacks
- Promotion of repair and development of body tissue
- Prevention of constipation and colon cancer
Millet is also highly beneficial for individuals who suffer from kidney stones, as well as other conditions that involve the renal system. A lot of people find it hard to believe that millet works incredibly well when it comes to dealing with an assortment of problems with the kidneys, most especially those crystalline formations. This doesn’t really come as a shock because, for centuries now, millet has been used by traditional healers for the treatment and prevention of various maladies concerning the kidneys and the rest of the renal system. This grain is proven to be helpful for the following:
- Dissolving stones in the kidneys as well as those in the bladder
- Detoxification of the kidneys
- Removal of sand and slime
- Diseases concerning women such as cystitis
Here’s the simple recipe that you may follow if you want to remove those kidney stones in an all-natural way, in particular with the help of millet:
- In the evening before going to bed, rinse a cup (200 grams) of millet in warm water.
- Allow the grain to stand overnight.
- In the following morning, grab a large pot and place your millet there.
- Carefully pour boiling water into the pot until about 2/3 of it is filled.
- Cover the pot and allow it to stand there for the entire day.
- Stir very well and transfer the liquid part into a large jar.
On a daily basis and without any limitation, the liquid portion should be consumed. According to those who have already tried this home remedy for dissolving kidney stones, results should be noticed in as short as 10 days only.