Our hormones play a large role in our bodies as they are the ones responsible for our emotions, libido, digestion, metabolism, even our energy. This is why it is important that you eat the right kinds of food to regulate your hormone production so that you will have a steady stream of energy and that the rest of your bodily functions are working just fine.
If you are wondering how you are going to achieve this, a good place to start is with the foods that you eat. Here are some foods that you should include in your diet if you want to regulate your hormones.
- Coconut oil. Coconut oil has lauric acid which can help heal the skin plus it is quite beneficial to balancing your hormones. Another plus to coconut oil is that it can also kill bacteria and other viruses in the body while at the same time, increase your energy levels, improve your digestion, and enhance your metabolism too.
- Quinoa. Another food that can help regulate your hormone production is quinoa. Eating quinoa means that you are taking in protein, phosphorus, magnesium, and a host of other essential vitamins and minerals. Compared to other grains, quinoa doesn’t raise your blood sugar too much but rather keep it stable so your energy level will remain steady throughout the day.
- Collard greens. Collard greens, kale, asparagus, spinach, and other dark leafy greens are also worth adding to your diet as they are rich in antioxidants plus a host of vitamins and minerals that can keep your hormones properly balanced. What’s more, these greens can also help provide protection against various diseases while cleaning your digestion too.
- Almonds. If your skin is constantly breaking out in acne or other blemishes, you need to have some almonds as part of your diet. For one thing, almonds can increase the adiponectin hormone in your body which is the one responsible for regulating your blood sugar levels so your insulin levels remain the same.
- Cinnamon. Another food that you should also take into consideration is cinnamon as well as other herbs and spices. These spices can help keep your skin glowing, your hormones well-balanced, increase your fertility, and stabilize your mood. What’s great about using herbs and spices is that you can easily incorporate them into your meals.
- Avocados. Eating avocados is a must as the good fats found in this fruit are actually useful when it comes to your hormones as it encourages your skin to release as will as circulate the hormones in your body so they will remain healthy. Another plus to avocados is that they can also make your skin look good too.
These are just a few examples of foods that can help you regulate your hormones for your overall health. Incorporating them into your daily diet will see a marked improvement not just in your mood, but also your ability to metabolize the food that you eat, your digestion, and even your libido as well.