A feel-good mouth-watering goat cheese and chicken filling is the perfect country-living recipe served best with crisp tacos or flour tortillas. Aside from being a tasty tummy-filler, this recipe is also jampacked with nutrients while containing as low as 40 calories and 2 grams fat per serving—excluding the tortillas, of course.
Here’s what you need:
• Taco shells/flour tortillas
• 1 large (1-pounder) chicken breast, boneless and skinless
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• ¾ teaspoon coarse-ground salt
• ½ teaspoon ground chipotle pepper
• 2 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
• 2 tablespoon cilantro, coarsely chopped
• 1 small yellow onion, chopped
• 1 tablespoon lime juice
• 1 large jalapeño pepper, finely chopped
How to prepare:
1. Pre-heat oven to 350°F. Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a medium-sized ovenproof skillet in medium to high heat.
2. Season the chicken with ¼ teaspoon of salt and chipotle pepper then add to the heated pan. Cook the chicken until brown on both sides.
3. Move the skillet to the oven and bake for about 15 minutes, or until cooked through. Set this aside.
4. In the remaining oil, cook the jalapeño, onion and the leftover salt. Do this using a medium skillet on medium heat, for about 10 minutes. Afterwards, transfer the mixture into a bowl.
5. Shred the chicken then mix in with the cilantro, lime juice and half of the goat cheese. Then combine to the onion mixture and stir gently.
6. Fill-in the taco shells/flour tortillas with about 2 teaspoons of the filling, then put the remaining cheese on top.
7. Serve immediately. Enjoy.