Avocados are all the rage right now. You can see it in juices, sandwiches, soap and even fast foods are using them. Studies have shown avocado lovers are healthier in general.
Avocados are deliciously silky, smooth and healthy. Avocados are one of the healthiest foods in the world. It is abundant of vitamins and minerals that put other fruits to shame. It won’t be hard to convince non avocado lovers out there to try out this gift of nature.
If you need a little more convincing here are my top ten reasons for eating avocados:
- Anti-Inflammatory – Avocados have great anti-inflammatory properties such as phytonutrients called flavonoids and polyphenols. These phytonutrients are known to reduce degenerative disorders and inflammatory disorders.
- Improves eye sight – Carotenoid lutein found in avocados are known as a great preemptive nutrient for macular degeneration caused by aging and can also protect you from developing cataract.
- Normalize blood sugar levels – The good fats/ monounsaturated fats found in avocados can normalize blood sugar levels. These fats can regulate blood sugar by reversing insulin resistance. Avocados also use soluble fiber to keep the blood sugar levels stable.
- Prevent birth defects – Foliate is essential for preventing birth defects (Spina bifida, Neural tube defect). Avocados are rich in folic acids. A Cup of avocado can provide 23% of the daily value intake recommended for foliate.
- Healthy Skin – Avocado oil is often used in the cosmetic industry because of its skin nourishing properties. Avocado oil can be used as a treatment for psoriasis. It is also rich in antioxidants that can prevent symptoms of aging, pigmentation and sun damage. Avocados also contain glutathione; it is an antioxidant that fights free radicals in the body. It can also maintain a healthy nervous system and boost immunity.
- Cancer Prevention – Avocados have been scientifically proven to prevent any onset growth of prostate cancer. Oleic acid present in avocados is also proven to prevent breast cancer.
- Oral Health – If you are struggling with bad breath and are looking for an all-natural mouthwash. Try out avocados; they are known to cleanse the intestine that is one of the main causes of bad breath.
- Weight gain – avocados unlike most fruits are known for its weight gain properties. Typical avocado can have 200 calories per 100 grams. Avocados are great for people who are trying to gain weight the healthy way. It is not empty calories and contains no excess saturated fats and sugars.
- Nutrient Absorption – A study was done to prove that people that intake avocados daily absorb more nutrients in their day to day life. It showed that people that did the study had absorbed five times the regular amount or carotenoids than people who didn’t.
- Heart Health – Avocados contain nutrients, vitamins and minerals essential to heart health. Avocados are known to lower cholesterol levels, control blood pressure and improve overall heart health. People that consumed avocados are less likely to have heart problems and strokes.