Moringa oelifera, once known as the vegetable for poor folks is now considered as a miracle tree. Loaded with numerous vitamins and minerals, it is also dubbed as “nature’s medicine cabinet.” It has gained the respect of many scientists and those who work in the health care department because of its efficiency as remedy for various kinds of sicknesses.
Scattered across the backyards of Southeast Asian homes, Africa, South and Central America, it flourishes because it takes little to no effort in keeping the trees healthy.
Every part of this wonder tree has wonderful properties that are utilized for medical and nutritional purposes. From teas to special dishes, its parts are used to their fullest.
- Malunggay leaves are rich in protein. The leaves contain twice the amount of protein in milk.
- Seeds of malunggay are used to treat and clean polluted water.
- The Potassium content of this plant is three times as that of bananas.
- It also packed with four times the amount of vitamin A in carrots.
- The Vitamin C content of seven carrots is equal to an ounce of malunggay.
- With four times the amount of calcium in milk, breastfeeding mothers are recommende to consume these leaves to get better production of milk.
- A tea can be brewed from young malunggay leaves. It can be used for the treatment of asthma and fever.
- Ulcers are relieved with malunggay.
- It also aids in a good night’s sleep, as it helps the body to relax.
- Its phytochemical compounds hinder the development of cancer cells making it a good anti-cancer compound.
- Diabetics benefit from malunggay. It helps in keeping the blood sugar at normal levels.
- Malunggay is also an aid in increasing semen count.
- It relieves the the inflammation of the tendons and the joints.
- Intestinal worms do not stand a chance with malunggay.
- It also enhances vision.
- It strengthens the immune system, brings relief to migraines and headaches, restores even the worst skin conditions, and controls blood pressure.