Adding salad to your diet can provide you with plenty of benefits. For one thing, it can help make you feel fuller especially when the ingredients that you use contain high amounts of protein. Salads are also good sources of essential nutrients that your body needs in order to stay healthy and energized without you having to consume too much calories.
Integrating salads to your meals is a great way to reduce your food consumption because they tend to make you feel fuller at the start. This means that you won’t be shovelling down your meal because of being hungry. This is one of the reasons why many dieters opt to have salads before mealtimes.
If you’re trying to go vegetarian or at least minimize your meat intake, here’s a healthy recipe that you can do to get the much needed nutrients that your body needs.
You will need the following:
- 1 ½ tablespoon of lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ teaspoon of thyme
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- ¼ teaspoon of pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- ½ cup of non-fat, plain yogurt
- 3 cups of cooked chicken, cubed
- 1 cup of green onion, sliced thinly
- ½ cup of green bell pepper, diced
- ½ of celery, diced
- 2 cups of fresh tomatoes, diced
To make your healthy tomato chicken salad, you will need to follow these steps:
- Mix the lemon juice along with the garlic cloves, salt, thyme, cayenne pepper, and pepper. Beat the yogurt in afterwards.
- Fold the chicken cubes gently along with the green bell pepper, celery, and green onion to make a dressing. Put the mixture in to the refrigerator to chill.
- Before you serve your salad, fold in the tomatoes.
- You can even add edamame beans or green vegetables depending on your preferences.
As you can see, it’s easy enough to maintain a healthy diet even at home. This simple recipe is a great addition to your daily diet as the ingredients are not only light but they also pack vitamins and minerals that can help protect your body against certain types of illnesses.