Anxiety is in an all-time high this past decade. From the problems in the economy, work, friends and the world, it isn’t a surprise that even a small thing can create anxiety attacks.
For people who also suffer from anxiety, a simple telephone call can cause great discomfort.
If you are not up for medication, or want another way to lessen anxiety here are home remedies you can try:
- You’ve heard it a few times before, breathing exercise. Learning to regulate your breathing can help reduce anxiety. Sit down properly, place on hand on top of your abdomen and inhale deeply. Let your belly expand, hold your breath for 5 seconds then exhale.
- A relaxing warm bath can lessen anxiety. Use anxiety reducing essential oils like lemongrass in your bath water. Soak until you feel relaxed. When at school or work dab on some lavender oil on your temples and forehead, massage lightly.
- Too much caffeine can trigger anxiety. If you’re drinking too much tea and coffee lessen your intake to a cup a day. Avoid energy drinks too.
- Aerobic exercise or exercises in general can lessen anxiety. Working out can create happy chemicals in the brain and boost the mood. Try to incorporate at least 15 minutes of exercise a day.
- Find a hobby that keeps the heart going, this gives the mind time to unwind and the body to get its much needed exercise. Try out sports, gardening or going hiking.
- Drink some tea, a natural remedy for anxiety are catnip and hops. Use these herbs when you brew your next cup of tea. Add warm milk to your drink to help with sleeping problems.
- 5-HTP or 5-hydroxytryptophan can help increase serotonin levels in the brain. This chemical is known to reduce anxiety. You can find 5-HTP in seed of Griffonia or can find 5-HTP supplements.
- Take B-complex vitamins every day. The B- vitamins are well known stress and anxiety reducer. Vitamin B6 is essential to creating serotonin in the body.
- Valerian is a well-known herb for fighting depression and anxiety. Take in 500 milligrams before going to bed for a peaceful sleep.
If you suffer from anxiety, try out these home remedies. If your anxiety is getting too severe and is making daily life unbearable, talk to a friend or family. Let them help you set up an appointment with a medical professional.