Halitosis is the consistent unpleasant odor of the breath. Many conditions cause bad breath. Common Causes are improper dental hygiene and dryness of the mouth. Here are some home remedies for bad breath:
- Advertisements -
- Some people who suffer from halitosis cannot identify its cause. Even with great oral hygiene and overall health, stress triggers the production of volatile sulfur and other compounds in the mouth. Anxiety is a great contributor, too
- Fruits and vegetables such as celery, apples, carrots, and jicama help in the elimination of bacteria and plaque from the teeth.
- Traditional Chinese medicine cling to bitter foods and other dark green leafy vegetables help the heat in the stomach. Water and soup mixed with other stuff help the body to rebalance.
- Tongue scrapers help in getting rid of food particles, bacteria, and even dead cells off the tongue.
- Herbs are great at giving a fresh the breath. Chew on rosemary, spearmint, tarragon, and parsley up to a minute.
- Zinc ions in mouthwash is set to neutralize compounds that are malodorous. Hydrogen sulfide is an example.
- Polyphenols in both green tea and black tea hinder the growth of bacteria responsible for bad breath. Polyphenols stop the bacteria existing in the mouth to produce compounds that are malodorous like hydrogen sulfide.
- A mouthwash with essential oils reduces the tendency of the occurrence of bad breath. The levels of sulfur compounds are lesser with the presence of peppermint oil, tea tree oil and lemon oil.