It’s important to drink plenty of water. As much as we want to comply to the eight glasses a day rule, we often forget to do so. Due to our fast paced schedules, we tend to limit our water intake. The times that we do get a chance to hydrate we would rather take on energy boosting drinks, like coffee and sodas. Keeping our body hydrated is important. Fruit juices, sparkling water, milk and other liquids, can keep us hydrated and healthy.
Dehydration can cause nausea, fatigue and low blood pressure. You can get dehydration when you suffer from water deprivation, frequent urination due to diabetes, intense sweating and more.
If you ever encounter someone who has dehydration or if you are prone to dehydration, here are some simple home remedies to keep you hydrated.
- Add a teaspoon of lime juice, a teaspoon of sugar and a pinch of salt to a big bottle of water and drink throughout the day.
- Bananas are a great source of potassium, but it can also lessen dehydration. Eat fruits that have a rich water content like watermelons and Honeydews.
- Buttermilk with a half teaspoon of dry ginger is great in refreshing the body and replenishing liquid in the body. Drink this mixture 4 times a day to cure chronic dehydration.
- Chamomile tea contains no caffeine. It is a great replacement for coffee or sodas. It can remove stomach cramps and has a calming effect.
- Coconut water is great for dehydration, it contains a lot of electrolytes. Instead of using sugary energy drinks use coconut water instead.
- Epsom baths can cure dehydration. Absorbing magnesium in the skin can remove fatigue and reduce inflammation. This will help your body recover faster from dehydration.
- Yogurt and cottage cheese can restore the lost sodium and potassium in your body during dehydration.
Dehydration can be fatal if not treated. Make sure to bring a water bottle everywhere you go. Summer is near and the heat will cause a lot of people to get dehydrated. Remember this list when you feel dehydrated or someone in your family is suffering from dehydration. Keep safe everybody!