Oh no! You accidentally touch your hot curling iron or accidentally poured hot coffee on yourself. Now you have some minor burns. So, what are you going to do now? Simple, go to your kitchen and use these easy to make home remedies for minor burns.
Minor burns or first degree burns are burns that only affect the top layer of your skin. The area will look red and sensitive to the touch. You can get these burns from intense heat, hot steam, electricity and other heat sources. Minor burns can develop blisters or infections if left untreated.
Here are some easy home remedies you can do:
– To prevent the burn from spreading, run the burn under some cold water for a few minutes. You can also apply an ice pack covered in cloth on the area. Do this process every few hours to relieve pain.
– Sulfur and quercetin found in onion heals the bun and relieves pain. Use fresh cut onion and apply the juice on the affected area. Do this several times a day.
– Is known to treat sunburn, it has natural antiseptic, painkilling and tissue healing properties. Apply creams that have Aloe Vera content on the burn.
– Potatoes have anti-irritation and soothing properties, that remove the pain and chances of blisters in minor burns. Cut a slice of raw potato and apply on burned area.
– When honey is applied in burned areas, it draws out fluids in the tissue. This removes unwanted germs and cleans the affected area. Spread the honey on a bandage and apply over the burns. Change the bandage four times a day.
Lavender Essential Oil
– Lavender oil contains pain relieving and antiseptic properties, essential to clean and numb the burn. It also reduces the chances of scarring. Apply lavender oil directly on the burn a few times a day.
– Plantain leaves are great for burns, it contains antimicrobial, anti-hemorrhagic and anti-inflammatory properties. Crush the plantain leaves to get the juice extract. Use the juice directly on the burn or wrap the leave around the burn.
Black Tea Bags
– Tannic acid found in black tea takes the heat out of minor burns, thus reduce the pain and inflammation. Put three black tea bags in cool water. Let it sit for a few minutes, then dab the tea on the burn area.
Coconut Oil and Lemon Juice
– Use coconut oil with a little lemon juice to treat burns and lessen scarring. Apply it directly on the skin, do this twice a day.
– Vinegar is a natural antiseptic and astringent, it can prevent infection and treat the burns. Dilute vinegar in equal parts water. Use the mixture to rinse the area. Soak a cloth in the diluted mixture and apply to the area. Change the cloth every few hours.
These remedies can treat minor burns, if you suffer from second and third degree burns, go straight to your doctor to get the right medical treatment. Avoid directly touching the burn area to avoid further infection.