One of the hardest things to conceal on the face is our eye bags. Eye bags can make us look exhausted and horrid. If you still suffer from eye bags even after a goodnight rest may mean other health issues. Eye bags can come from exhaustion, caffeine consumption, stress and respiratory problems.
Don’t worry though, there are some easy home remedy you can do to zap the eye bags away!
• Place a cold moist towel in the fridge overnight. When you wake up in the morning place the towel over your eyes and forehead let it sit for 5 minutes or more. This will reduce the puffiness in your eyes. Placing metal spoons or eye masks on the fridge will work as well.
• Placing teas bags over the eyes is a well-known eye bag remedy. Simply place used tea bags on the fridge for half an hour or more. Remove the tea bags and place on the eyes. This will lessen inflammation, lighten dark circles and relieve exhaustion in the eyes. Let it sit for about twenty minutes. Remove the tea bags and rinse your face.
• Placing cold cucumber slices can treat eye bags and hydrate the skin.
• Massaging the under eye circles with aloe vera gel will llighten dark circles, remoce puffiness and prevent wrinkles. Extract gels from an aloe vera plant by cutting them in half.
• Massaging dark circles with coconut oil every night can remove dark circles and eye bags. Let the coconut oil sit for thirty minutes before rinsing with warm water. You can substitute coconut oil with almond oil.
• Try your best to get that needed 7 to 8 hours of sleep. Without sleep your body will start to break down and no matter how many creams you buy your eye bags will not disappear.
• Moisturize your eyes every night, apply and massage moisturizing creams around the eyes. The cream will tighten the skin and tone it.
• Vices such as smoking and drinking can cause eye bags.
• Eating foods that are high in fat can cause puffy eyes.
• Drinking too much caffeine can cause dark circles and irregular sleeping patterns.
• Keep hydrated, dehydration can cause dark under circles, puffiness and wrinkles. This is the easiest thing you can do to remove eye bags.
Try these home remedies and see what works for you. If your eye bag doesn’t disappear with these home remedies, try talking to a doctor. Your eye bags can be an underlying symptom of a respiratory or hormone disorder.