A natural dilemma for most people is having tired and dull eyes. Working too much, stress and lack of sleep can make us look exhausted and dead in the eyes. Try these natural remedies to bring back the light and sparkle back to the eyes.
- Massage the area around your eyes with almond oil before going to sleep, this will promote circulation and make the skin soft and moisturize in the morning
- Use a rosewater spray on your face. Place rosewater in small containers to carry around with you. Spraying it on your face can keep your face hydrate and less tired.
- Place cold tea bag on the eyes in the morning. Place used tea bags in the fridge overnight and use in the morning. Preferred tea is green tea and chamomile.
- Add Amla to your diet or use it water soaked in it to wash the face. It is very rich in vitamin C, this can help remove dark and tired eyes.
- Apply cotton pads soaked in ice cold rose water on top of the eyes to lessen the puffiness and soothe tired eyes.
- A simple make up tip, apply shimmer in the middle of the eyelid to create a more awake and sparkling eye.
- Avoid applying makeup that makes the eyes look more tired, avoid dark browns and blues.
- Concealer can do amazing things, apply peach based concealer to hide dark circles.
- Curl your lashes upward, this creates a brighter and larger eyes.
- Apply light shimmer on the lower lash line and inner corner of the eyes, for sparkling eye.
Things to do every day to get sparkling eyes:
- Eat vitamin C and A rich foods.
- Don’t sleep with makeup on, it can cause build up, infection and acne breakouts.
- Avoid rubbing your eyes, when you feel irritation in your eyes, rub your hands together and apply a small amount of pressure in the eyes with warm palms.
- Get enough sleep
- Dehydration can cause dry and blood shot eyes. Drink plenty of water, especially before going to bed.
- Use soothing eye drops when in front of a computer screen for long hours.
Incorporate these tips in your day to day life. You’ll notice a brighter and sparkling eyes in no time.