Is it really possible for you to lose 10lbs in just one week? Although many will scoff at the idea that losing this much weight is impossible in just seven days, truth be told, it is an achievable feat. Here are the steps that you should take if you want to reduce your weight by this much in just a whole week.
- Get more lean proteins. You can actually lose quite a lot of pounds in a few days by lowering your carb intake while increasing your lean protein consumption. There are some research that show a low-carb diet is actually effective in weight loss. Get rid of sugars and starch from your diet while adding low-carb vegetatbles and lean meats and poultry as well as fish.
- Eat more fruits. Another trick is to eat more fruits in one day with the exception of bananas. The best option would be cantaloupes and watermelons because they are low in calorie content. This means that you can eat as many as you want without gaining weight.
- Opt for whole foods. You can lose weight faster if you eat whole foods rather than the processed ones as they contain more nutrients that can speed up your metabolism while filling your belly up. Vegetables, lean cuts of meat and poultry, nuts, and seeds are worth considering.
- Dedicate one day to veggies. On this day, you should focus more on eating vegetables but make sure that you stay away from the starchy ones like corn, peas, as well as beans. On a good note, you are allowed to eat baked potato with butter but only for today so enjoy it.
- Lift weights. Aside from paying attention to your food intake, you should also make it a point to work out. It would be better if you lift weights as this will make your muscles expend more calories to produce energy for your lifts. If you are not into weight training, try high intensity interval training to really torch those fats.
- Have some bananas and yogurt. Schedule a day where you will eat at least 8 bananas and drink about 8 glasses of skim milk. If you are not a fan of milk, opt for yogurt instead. Although bananas are high in calories and carbs, you will need it today so your body will have adequate amounts of calcium and protein.
- Drink more water. It is always a good idea to drink up to 8 glasses of water every day to help flush the toxins from your body and to keep your belly full too for that matter. Water is necessary to keep you hydrated so that your organs will function properly for better metabolism.
These are just a few tried and tested tips that you can follow to lose about 10 lbs in just one week. It might be challenging for some but they are always good places to start.