Vitamin C serum — it’s all the rage these days in the anti-aging universe! While it’s true that this product can really combat those wrinkles, it is also something that can flatten your wallet due to its very steep price tag!
Because vitamin C serum can actually provide what is says on the packaging, it’s no wonder why it costs a lot more than your average anti-aging product. It provides your skin with higher concentrations of vitamin C compared to a different wrinkle-busting solution that contains the said nutrient. On today’s market, there are vitamin C serums that have 10 percent concentration perfect for first-time users, and then there are also variants within 15 to 20 percent concentration range ideal for using milder vitamin C serums for some time already.
Not willing to overshoot your shopping budget for a product that is very good at keeping the skin young-looking, according to many who swear by it? Fret not because it is possible to come up with your own vitamin C serum at home! You can have one of the most significant breakthroughs in the skincare industry without the need to spend a lot of cash. After getting your hands on a few easy-to-obtain ingredients, you can start whipping up a bottle of your very own C serum. It may not bear the logo of a popular brand, but you can be sure that it can deliver!
Before we proceed with making this DIY vitamin C serum, let us first take a look at some of the benefits to enjoy for leaving your anti-aging needs to this product adored by many women these days:
- It shields your skin cells from free radicals and even renews damaged ones. Vitamin C found abundantly in the product is an antioxidant known to be very good for the skin because it effectively neutralizes free radicals before they damage healthy skin cells. Applying vitamin C serum regularly can help your skin stay young-looking by protecting the skin cells against free radical damage.
- The anti-aging product helps promote collagen production. As you may already know, collagen is a kind of protein that’s important for keeping the skin soft and firm. Sadly, the production of collagen tends to wane as you get older. It’s a good thing that something as simple as applying vitamin C serum on your skin can help in the synthesis of more collagen, leaving your skin free of wrinkles.
- Vitamin C serum makes your complexion glow. It’s no secret that vitamin C has superb skin lightening effects, and that’s why the likes of lemons, papayas and other vitamin C-rich fruits are commonly used as home remedies for scars and uneven pigmentation. If you want to lighten dark scars, even out your skin tone or enjoy a radiant complexion, count on vitamin C.
- Using it helps reduce the effects of unnecessary sun exposure. According to the experts, vitamin C helps shield your skin from sun damage and risk of skin cancer by making the dermal layer thicker. Also, vitamin C is capable of reversing some of the most unfavorable effects of the sun, such as liver spots. However, do take note that vitamin C serum is not intended as a replacement for sunscreen!
These are the reasons why a lot of women who want to remain young-looking forever are currently going gaga over vitamin C serum. If you want to enjoy all of these beauty perks without leaving your budget in shambles, read on! The following is a simple guide to making homemade vitamin C serum.
- 1/2 teaspoon of all-natural vitamin C powder
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable glycerin
- 1 teaspoon distilled water
- In a small bowl, dissolve vitamin C powder in 1 teaspoon of distilled water.
- Add into the mixture your 2 tablespoons of vegetable glycerin.
- Use a small funnel to transfer your homemade vitamin C serum in a small amber (dark-colored) bottle.
That’s how hassle-free it is to come up with your very own vitamin C serum! Keep the bottle inside the fridge for longevity. To apply your DIY vitamin C serum, first dampen your face with water. Once dry, smooth it on!