Getting ready for that house party? Thinking of a new snack for the family or just preparing a snack for movie night? Here is a simple Mediterranean inspired dip to try out.
Pico De Gallo
• 1 Tomato, Seeded And Chopped
• 1 teaspoon Lemon Juice
• ½ cups English Cucumber, Seeded And Chopped
• 1 Tablespoon Fresh Italian Parsley, Chopped
• 1 teaspoon Fresh Mint, Chopped
Mediterranean pico de gallo
Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and chill.
• 1 can (15 Oz. Size) Cannelini Beans, Drained And Rinsed
• ⅓ cups Olive Oil
• 2 cloves Garlic
• ¼ cups Fresh Italian Parsley Leaves, Loosely Packed
• 2 Tablespoons of fresh Lemon Juice
Making the White bean dip:
Find a food processor and combine all the ingredients until it is coarsely chopped. Taste the bean dip and adjust to your taste. Use salt or pepper to add flavor.
• 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
• 1 teaspoon Oregano
• 6 Pitas
Making the Pita Chips
In this whole dish the Pita Chips will take the most effort. Preheat your oven to 400 Fahrenheit. Put the pita on the counter and cut it into several wedges. Take out a baking tray and baking sheet. Arrange the pitas in the sheet and lightly pour olive oil over the wedges. Toss the pita wedges to cover it evenly. To taste, sprinkle on some oregano, pepper and salt. Insert the baking tray in the oven and bake for 8 to 12 minutes until golden brown. Serve warm.
• ¾ cups Plain Greek Yogurt
• ¼ cups Feta Cheese
• ¼ cups Kalamata Olives, Sliced
• 1 teaspoon Capers (optional)
• Salt And Pepper, to taste
Assembling the Mediterranean layered dip.
Take out the white bean mixture and spread it in a flat bowl, then spread the Greek yogurt on top of it, leaving a half inch of the white bean mixture untouched. Top the Greek yogurt with the Pico De Gallo. Sprinkle as many olives, capers and feta cheese you desire. Serve with the fresh baked pita chips and enjoy!
This easy to make dip will surely impress your guest and family!