Heat, humidity and dehydration can cause dry and flaky skin. Fight off dry skin by avoiding humid places and keeping your body hydrated. Try out these natural home remedies to get soft and supple skin.
- Dry skin comes with dry hair. Bring back moisture to the hair by applying this natural hair mask. Add egg yolk and a tablespoon of liquid Castile soap to your shampoo. Massage this mixture to your hair, and rinse. Avoid drying your hair with heat. Avoid curling irons or blow dryers without heat protectant spray.
- Another great hair mask to try is avocado and 2 tablespoons of olive oil and grapeseed mixture. Leave it on for 15 minutes and rinse with cold water.
- Remove dry skin by exfoliating it. You can find plenty of natural and homemade Exfoliants. Yogurt, papaya and pumpkin are all great natural ingredients to exfoliate for the skin.
- Air pollution can cause the skin get dry, after going to a place that are filled with pollution take a moisturizing bath. This will remove dirt and oils stuck in the pores.
- Olive oil is a natural remedy for dry skin. Apply it on the hair and skin for an instant moisturizer. Add some coffee grinds to your olive oil to create a whitening exfoliating scrub. Use this in dark areas such as the elbow and knees.
- Eat foods that rejuvenate the skin. Make sure you get enough vitamin C, beta carotene and fatty acids in your diet. Having a balanced diet will prevent breakouts and dryness of the skin and hair. Include antioxidant rich foods too.
- A great natural skin scrub is sugar and oil. Use this mixture to remove dead skin cells and moisturize the skin. Before taking a shower massage this concoction on your skin and massage in a circular motion. You can add lemon juice for an extra vitamin and whitening boost.
- Honey is the miracle food for good health and great skin. If you have chapped or cracked lips, apply an organic or honey based Chap Stick to heal the skin. It can also be used on rough elbows or cracked heels.
These natural home remedies can help soothe and moisturize the skin. Avoid staying under the sun too long and don’t forget to wear sunscreen.