Women with pear-shaped body feel embarrassed with their big thighs. For some women, they blame their genes for having those unsightly thighs. That reality makes it more difficult for them because it means they have to deal with them permanently. Aside from that, burning fats in the thigh area is not an easy feat. The fats stored on that body part is harder to lose unlike the fats in the abdomen.
Knowing the fact that the stored fat in the thigh area is not as dangerous as compared to the fat found in the midsection, they still feel ashamed. They cannot confidently wear short or short skirt because their thighs are big enough not to be noticed. In as much as they want to hide them, they find it impossible to do it.
Worry no more. You can improve the appearance of your thighs by making them look leaner and stronger by doing these moves.
Move #1: Seated Pillow Squeeze – this exercise improves your inner thighs.
- Sit on a sturdy chair. Rest your feet on the floor with your knees bent at a 90-degree angle.
- Put a pillow between your thighs.
- Exhale as you squeeze the pillow between your thighs, as if you were trying release the stuffing out of the pillow.
- Hold for one minute as you breathe normally.
- Release and proceed to the next move.
Move #2: Seated Hand Push – this exercise works outer thighs and hips.
- Start by sitting on sturdy chair. Similar to the first move, rest your feet on the floor with your knees bent at 90-degree angles.
- Place your palms on the outsides of your knees. Keep your palms and arms in stationary.
- Push your knees outward against your palms, as if you are trying to push your palms away. At the same time, press inward with your hands, preventing your thighs from pushing them outward.
- Hold this isometric contraction for one minute, breathing normally.
- Release and proceed to third move.
Move #3: Seated Leg Raise – this exercise works fronts of the thighs
- Perform the 1st position (the same position you did in the first two movements)
- Rest your hands on the chair at your sides.
- Exhale as you lift and extend your right leg. Hold for 30 seconds as you breathe normally.
- Inhale as you lower your right leg and exhale as you repeat with your left leg. Hold for 30 seconds while breathing normally.
- Release and proceed to fourth move.
Move #4: Seated Bridge – this exercise works the backs of the thigh and rear end.
- Perform again the 1st position.
- Repeat 2nd position (similar position done in move #3).
- Exhale as you lift your hips, allowing your palms and feet to support your body weight.
- Continue to lift your hips until your body resembles the shape of a bridge. Hold for 20 to 60 seconds while breathing normally.
- Release and return to the first move. Repeat these movements once more and you are done.
Complement those moves with a change in lifestyle. Adapt a healthier diet. If you want to lose fat, eat small meals throughout the day. You should consume low-calorie, nutrient-dense sources. Choose high-quality protein, fruits, vegetables and complex carbohydrates to shed off pounds. Eating smaller meals helps in elevating your metabolism and suppressing your appetite. Proper hydration is also necessary in losing weight. Refrain from drinking soda because it brings more calories to your body.
By doing the movements aforementioned, coupled with change in lifestyle can help you in attaining stronger and leaner leg muscles. Think this way. Having strong leg muscles motivates you to climb the stairs without getting tired. It will also help you go on a hike and conquer the mountains. The impossible seems to be possible because of your leaner and stronger thighs.