It’s a lazy afternoon and your stomach starts to rumble. Step up your grilled cheese game by adding some arugula, radishes and strawberry.
If you are not a big fan of herbs and vegetables try making this recipe. You can substitute arugula to basils or other herbs.
The reason why arugula fits well in this recipe though, is because of the sweet strawberries. Arugula when cooked is great with sweet things. Adding cooked arugula to something sweet is a great combination, who would have thought?
It doesn’t necessarily need to be strawberries though. You can try and experiment with other fruits. Pick fruits that can take heat though. Fruits like apples, peaches and blueberries can work well with heat. Adding in a dash of radish will add texture and flavor to the grilled cheese. It also leaves a clean taste in your mouth.
- 3 Tablespoons of Butter
- 1 Strawberry (fresh), Sliced and Hulled
- 4 ¼ Thick Slices of Mozzarella
- 1/3 cup of Baby Arugula
- Black Pepper (ground)
- 1 Radish (sliced)
- 2 Slices of Crusty Bread
- Heat up a skillet in medium heat
- Heat a tablespoon of butter on the skillet
- Butter one side of the sliced bread with a tablespoon of butter.
- Sprinkle on some peeper to the butter side bread.
- Place the butter side part of the slices face down.
- Place mozzarella cheese on top of one of the slices.
- Now put strawberries, arugula and strawberries on top of the cheese.
- Place the other slice of bread on top butter side facing out.
- Now fry the sandwich on the skillet.
- Flip each side periodically until golden.
- It would roughly take three minutes for each side to cook evenly.
Easy right? Make this yummy snack for the kids or make it into a Monday snack tradition. Try to experiment with your grilled cheese. Add some other spices, nuts, fruits and herbs to your sandwich. Make up your own one of a kind grilled cheese recipe. It might turn out to be the best grilled cheese recipe in the world.