Have you come across the Himalayan pink salt that comes directly from the mountains of Himalaya? This crystal salt provides plenty of health benefits making it a good addition to your pantry. As a matter of fact, it can take over the place of your regular table salt. Read on to find out more about the amazing Himalayan Pink Salt.
What makes this particular salt amazing? Roughly 200 million years ago, there were several crystallized salt beds that were engulfed in lava. Since they are covered in such a pristine environment that is surrounded by ice and snow, the salt beds weren’t exposed to modern day pollution making the Himalayan Pink Salt, for most people, the purest of its kind.
Energy and Minerals
What’s impressive about the pink salt from the Himalayas is that it contains all 84 nutrients that the body has! Among these minerals are: calcium, sodium chloride, magnesium, potassium, and sulphate. When you use this salt, you are actually consuming less sodium because it is less refined plus the crystals are larger. This means that Himalayan salt has less sodium content per serving since the crystals take up less room compared to the processed salt variety. Another interesting fact about this salt is that due to its cellular structure, it contains vibrational energy. The minerals found in the Himalayan salt are in colloidal form making it easier for the body to absorb it due to its small size.
- Support respiratory function and healthy lungs
- Promote good sleeping patterns
- Boost circulation
- Improve vascular health
- Increase libido
- Encourage pH balance within the cells
- Eliminate heavy metals
- Reduce signs of aging
- Improve bone strength
- Reduce blood pressure
- Prevent muscle cramps
Comparison of Himalayan Salt to Other Types of Salt
- Table Salt – Regular table salt no longer contains various minerals except for chloride and sodium. Afterwards, it is bleached, chemically cleaned before being subjected to extreme heat. Synthetic iodine is usually added to table salt making it difficult for the body to absorb it. Regular table salt is also treated with anti-caking so that it won’t dissolve in the salt container or in water. These particular agents are what block the body from absorbing the salt leading them to accumulate in the organs which cause numerous health problems. According to several studies for each gram of table salt that has been consumed but hasn’t been processed by the body yet, the body will then take 20 times the amount of regular cellular water just to neutralize the sodium chloride that is found in this type of salt.
This is one of the reasons why table salt has such a bad name. Technically, salt isn’t unhealthy but the refined version of it is. Aside from this, it is the excessive consumption of processed foods that can harm the body due to its excessive amount of salt. It’s not just about minimizing your salt intake but choosing homemade, natural whole foods. This can help you just add a sprinkle of salt to your meals without worrying about overdosing on salt intake.
- Sea Salt – Although sea salt is much better compared to table salt, it is still being widely over processed. Also, think about how much polluted the ocean has become due to oil spills. And because of the pristine condition that pink salt thrives in, it is no wonder why it is called the purest salt in the world.
As you can see, there are plenty of advantages to be had with Himalayan pink salt, and the best part is that you can get them online or in your local grocery.