- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 papaya, peeled and sliced into 1-cm cubes
- ½ red pepper, seeds removed and chopped
- ½ green pepper, seeds removed and chopped
- 2 tablespoon coriander, roughly chopped
- 2 limes, 1 juiced and 1 to be served
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped (remove seeds to lessen spiciness)
- 4 salmon fillets, boneless and skinless
- 4 nests medium-sized egg noodles
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 large handfuls of various salad leaves
- 2 tablespoon teriyaki sauce
Mix the papaya, green and red peppers, onion, chilli, lime juice and coriander in a bowl. Season until it suits your taste, then set aside. This would be the salsa for the salmon.
Graze both sides of the salmon fillets with the vegetable oil and season to taste.
Afterwards, you can now cook the salmon on a griddle or frying pan in medium to high heat. Then, cook the salmon for about 3 or 4 minutes per side and remove from the pan. You may also grill the fillets flesh side down, like a barbecue, with lime wedges for 2 to 3 minutes.
Prepare the noodles according to the instructions on the pack. Drain the noodles and mix with the teriyaki sauce. Put the salad leaves and the noodles on the serving plates and top with the salmon. Then spoon over the salsa. Serve this with lime wedges.
Salmon, as you may already know, is rich in the heart-friendly omega-3 fatty acids. But, unknown to many, also contains protein molecules known as the bioactive peptides which promote insulin effectiveness, inflammation control and joint cartilage support.
Meanwhile, papayas have high levels of Vitamin C as well as folate. It is also known as one of the fruits rich in fiber which makes it good for digestion as well as Vitamin A that helps maintain healthy eyesight.