Trying to overcome anxiety without the help of medication will be difficult. It will require a complete lifestyle change. Eating the right foods will help cure anxiety. Create a healthy diet for yourself and include these 7 anti-anxiety foods to your diet.
Seven Foods that Cure Anxiety
Whole Grain Foods
– Whole grain has been linked to fighting off anxiety. Magnesium found in whole grain can relieve anxiety from magnesium deficiency. It also contains tryptophan, when digested turns into serotonin a neurotransmitter that are lacking in people with depression or anxiety.
– Seaweed like whole grains are packed with nutrients and minerals. It is also high in magnesium and tryptophan.
– Blueberries are a high source of vitamins, antioxidants and phytonutrients. These components are essential to stress relief and reducing anxiety. Blueberries also contain calming and soothing nutrients that fight of anxiety.
– Acai berries are rich of anxiety fighting phytonutrients and antioxidants.
– Almonds are high in vitamins, nutrients and minerals important to a healthy body. Healthy fats in almonds and other nuts are known to relieve brain exhaustion and increase energy. It can also lower anxiety symptoms.
– Dark chocolate helps boost the mood and reduce cortisol levels in the body. Cortisol is the hormone that causes anxiety symptoms. Antioxidants in dark chocolate can remove free radicals and increase serotonin levels.
– Maca root can be found in powder form. Add this in your food or favorite drinks. This root is rich in phytonutrients that help control anxiety and boost energy.
Other Foods to fight of Stress and Anxiety
• Adding more water can lessen anxiety
• Add foods that are high in magnesium and antioxidants to your diet.
• Use herbal supplements like passionflower and kava.
• Eat foods that are high in B vitamins and zinc
Foods to Avoid
• Fried foods
• Unrefined Sugar
• Alcoholic drinks
• High glycemic carbs
• Too much caffeine
Changing your diet will not be enough to overcome anxiety. You need to learn the cause of your anxiety and learn to deal with them. Different forms of anxiety can be treated in different ways.