Acupressure – Five thousand years ago the art of acupressure therapy was created in Asia. Acupressure is a traditional healing art that uses the pressure from the fingers and the healing key points in the hands.
Acupressure Health Benefits:
- Boosting the immune system
- Reduce pain
- Relief from stress
- Increase circulation
- Relieves tension
- Increase sexual reproduction
- Improves meditation
- Detoxify the body
The relationship of Acupuncture and Acupressure
– Acupuncture and Acupressure both use the same meridian and pressure points. Acupuncture uses needles to apply pressure, were as acupressure uses the fingers.
- Acupressure can increase physical appearance. By pressing the pressure point in the face, it can lessen wrinkles and improve facial muscle.
- It can improve sexual energy. Acupressure can increase arousal, endurance and pleasure.
- It can help relieve back pain.
- It can help relieve stress, trauma and emotional pain.
- Lessen physical symptoms of diarrhea, ulcers, stomach aches and IBS.
- Lessen anxiety and compulsive disorders.
- Increase chakra and mental energy.
Most of the techniques used in acupressure today originate from Chinese traditional practices. Applying pressure on various parts of the helps balance out energy, removes tension in the muscle and reduce stress.
Acupressure can change from light to firm touches. There are different styles of acupressure that requires different training. Someone who has mastered acupressure mostly specialize in one type of therapy.
Type of Acupressure:
- Tui Na
- Jin Shin Jyutsu
- Zen Shiatsu
Shiatsu was originally used in Japan and was incorporated with acupressure throughout the ages. It is now one of the most used type of acupressure therapy. Shiatsu uses pressure form the fingers, relaxing environment and meditation exercises. Shiatsu can be incorporated with stretching exercises and reflexology.
Avoid Acupressure if you:
- Are suffering from a heart problem
- Are Pregnant
- Has a mole, wart, bruise, cut near or under a pressure point
- Just ate a meal (wait for twenty minutes)
- Just finished bathing or exercising
Acupressure was not made to substitute medication and medical therapy. Consult your doctor about acupressure therapy. Go to a professional when it comes to acupressure. People who lack practice or knowledge in acupressure can cause more damage to the body than good.