The prostate is a small, walnut-shaped gland that is a part of the male reproductive system. It is situated right under the urinary bladder and wrapped around the urethra. The function of this gland is to secrete prostatic fluid.
Certain problems with the prostate gland may arise. This is especially true for males aged 50 years old and above. Some of the most common issues concerning the prostate gland include:
- Benign prostatic hyperplasia – Also known as BPH, this condition involves the enlargement of the prostate gland. However, just like what the name says, it’s not cancerous in nature. Some of the symptoms of BPH include frequent urge to urinate most especially at night and difficulty in urinating.
- Acute bacterial prostatitis – This problem usually stems from a bacterial infection. Because the prostate gland is infected, someone with such condition may experience fever and chills. Painful urination is very likely and there may be blood present in the urine.
- Chronic bacterial prostatitis – The word “chronic” means that this form of infection of the prostate is the kind that shows up over and over again. Oftentimes, long-term administration of antibiotics has to be done in order to have the problem resolved.
- Chronic pelvic pain syndrome – Also referred to as CPPS, this is actually a common problem concerning the prostate gland. It is a condition that causes pain in the lower back and the pelvic region. The tip of the penis may hurt as well. Other symptoms of CPPS include painful ejaculation and frequent urge to urinate but only a small amount of urine is passed.
Lifestyle changes, administration of antibiotics and other medications, and surgery are some of the treatments for these various problems with the prostate gland.
However, there is a type of herb that is said to be very effective against all sorts of common prostate problems. This is known as epilobium parviflorum or small flower hairy willow herb. Belonging to the primrose family and is native to Central and Easter Europe as well as certain parts of North America, it is a tiny pink flower that has been proven to be very effective against problems concerning the prostate gland, including prostate cancer.
Before we discuss how epilobium parviflorum may be used as an all-natural remedy for many different prostate problems, let us take a quick look at the various benefits offered by this powerful herb. Here they are:
- It has anti-inflammatory properties. If inflammation occurs for no reason at all, the health can be put in some form of peril. Inflammation is associated with a host of problems. Some of them include diabetes, obesity, arthritis, osteoporosis and cancer.
- The herb is effective against cancer. Studies have shown that epilobium parviflorum is capable of inhibiting the development and multiplication of cancer cells. It’s for this reason why the herb’s extract is used for treating prostate and bladder cancer.
- It is very good at managing various skin diseases. Fungal and bacterial infections of the skin may be treated with the use of this potent herb. Many swear by its effectiveness against skin irritation and redness. The herb also provides skin cleansing and rejuvenating properties.
- This herb may be used for normalizing menstrual cycle. Other than that, epilobium parviflorum is also known to help ease the symptoms of delayed menstruation. It may also be used against urinary tract infections or UTIs.
These are the various health benefits of epilobium parviflorum. Now let us tackle the simple recipe involving the herb which is known as a highly effective remedy for different problems concerning the prostate gland:
- Place 200 ml of water in a small kettle.
- Just before the water boils, add in a teaspoon of epilobium parviflorum. It doesn’t matter if you prefer the fresh or dried variant. Bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, turn off the stove. Allow it to steep for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Strain and let the resulting tea cool completely.
- A cup of it should be consumed on an empty stomach twice a day, once in the morning and once in the evening.