We all wish that we could have smoother skin but the way we care for our skin may not be enough to achieve this. Add to this the fact that we are constantly exposed to dust, smoke, wind, and other elements, and it won’t be really surprising to find that our skin will be covered in blemishes. But just because you are seeing fine lines slowly creeping around the eyes and mouth, or that you are prone to acne breakout, it doesn’t mean that you can’t do anything about them. As a matter of fact, smooth skin is achievable with the following tips.
- Don’t wash too often. Most of us make the mistake of washing our face too much believing that this will help keep our skin smooth and beautiful. Unfortunately, this habit of ours is actually stripping our skin of its natural oils resulting to dry and acne prone skin. The best thing to do is to wash your face once in the morning and once in the evening especially when you’re wearing makeup. Use a mild cleanser to remove the dirt and makeup particles that cling to your skin.
- Apply a primer. Another tip to making your skin appear smooth is to apply a primer prior to wearing makeup. The primer usually contains silicone that can plump up your skin so that any wrinkles or lines will disappear. However, those who have acne-prone to skin should look for alternatives as the silicone might cause blockage in the pores.
- Exfoliate. If you want to reveal smooth skin, you should remove any dead skin cells through exfoliation. Exfoliation lets you scrub away dead skin that has accumulated on the surface. Scrubbing will help remove dead skin while promoting new cell growth for smoother and healthier looking skin. Choose an exfoliating product that is mild on your skin so you can repeat this process on a daily basis.
- Honey and brown sugar scrub. Since we are talking about scrubs or exfoliating your skin, you can go the natural way and make a honey and brown sugar scrub to reveal beautiful and smooth looking skin. Sugar is actually a good choice when exfoliating skin as it is gentle on the skin. Honey, on the other hand, has soothing properties so that any inflammation can be reduced. Plus, honey has nutrients that can refresh your skin. Using this scrub on a regular basis will help reveal beautiful skin.
- Practice healthy eating. Another tip that you should follow when it comes to achieving smoother skin is to eat healthy. Keep in mind that the kinds of food that we eat can have an impact on our skin and overall health. By switching to more vegetables, lean meat, whole grains, fruits, and nuts, you will be able to provide your body with protection against free radicals as well as other bacteria that can trigger skin problems.
- Vitamin C based serum. To achieve smooth looking skin, why not add a vitamin C based serum your beauty regimen? Vitamin C is important when it comes to collagen production so that you will achieve that natural glow easily. Always start with a serum containing a small percentage of vitamin C then work your way up.
It is not impossible to achieve smooth looking skin especially when you follow the tips mentioned above. By constantly caring for your skin both inside and out, you will reveal beautiful and smooth looking skin in no time. Just make sure that you take the time to really give your skin the care it needs to keep acne and other skin problems at bay.