What’s so nice about carrots is they’re loaded with vitamins, minerals, fiber and free radical-fighting antioxidants. Even nicer than that is the fact that they may be consumed in various ways, making these root vegetables easy to incorporate into daily your diet. It can be roasted, baked, sauteed, stewed, added to salads or eaten as sticks.
One very popular way of consuming this highly nutritional vegetable is by juicing it. Read on to know the 10 benefits of drinking carrot juice.
1. Thanks to the fiber it supplies, carrot juice promotes a healthier digestive tract. Fiber promotes regular bowel movement so you are always clean from within. It also helps maintain proper balance of bacteria along the intestinal tract.
2. Fiber carrot juice has plenty of is good for the liver. This indigestible type of carbohydrates helps in reducing fat and bile in the liver, allowing this major eliminative vital organ to perform its job of neutralizing toxins in the body better.
3. Carrot juice contains magnesium, phosphorous, potassium, zinc, manganese, copper and vitamins A, C, E and K. These nutrients boost the immune system. With a stronger immune system, you are more protected from colds, cough and flu.
4. Drinking carrot juice allows you to get ample vitamin E that helps reduce your risk for cancer. Vitamin E has antioxidant properties that help prevent cell mutation. Experts say that it can slow down the multiplication of cancer cells.
5. Carrot juice contains very few calories, making it perfect for you if losing weight is your goal. It is also loaded with fiber that makes you feel satiated for a long period of time, as well as flushes out impurities in your gut.
6. Carrot is loaded with vitamin A. Naturally, juicing the vegetable allows you to take advantage of this nutrient in a truly refreshing way. Vitamin A is necessary for sharp vision and healthy eyes. It also helps ward off bone problems.
7. The consumption of this nutritionally sound beverage helps ease joint aches and pains by reducing chronic inflammation. Various health problems stem from chronic inflammation. One of them is arthritis that causes stiff and painful joints.
8. Potassium in carrot juice is good for the cardiovascular system. It helps keep in check the levels of cholesterol in your blood. This mineral is also necessitated by the heart muscles and other muscles in your body to function properly.
9. Drinking carrot juice helps make you glow with health and youth. That’s because it contains vitamins A and C, both of which are antioxidants. Antioxidants deal with excess free radicals that damage cells and speed up the aging process.
10. Carrot juice helps you get rid of stress at the end of a busy day. A glass of this beverage is loaded with antioxidants, vitamins and minerals that promote healing. Carrot juice’s refreshing taste also helps rejuvenate you.